What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Touched (Sense Thieves, #1)
This topic is about Touched
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Paranormal/urban fantasy: moves in with father after fire/has raspy voice/possible healing powers or takes on someone else's wound. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by t (last edited Jul 12, 2018 02:18PM) (new)

t (villainists) | 9 comments EDIT: the book was Touched by Corrine Jackson.

Okay, so this would've been a YA book. One of those paranormal ones that was pretty popular around the same time as Twilight, Hush Hush, Fallen, and The Vampire Academy. But, I think I read it around 2010-2012. I can't be sure.

In the book, it's about a young girl who moves in with her estranged father after (I believe, but I'm uncertain) her mother dies. There was this fire that she was in and she came out with a raspy/hoarse voice. This is a very specific plot detail because she says that people think it's cool when they don't actually know that she wasn't born with it, she got it from a fire.

I think her father and her were never really close and in the book, he has a new wife (maybe also a kid, too?)

I can't remember who specifically but either the protagonist or the love interest had a healing power and when they healed someone, they took the wound onto themselves.

It was set in the United States, I'm not sure which city, and it was published in English.

Thanks if you can find this!! It's been bothering me for years!

message 3: by t (new)

t (villainists) | 9 comments Melanie wrote: "Touched
Touched (Sense Thieves, #1) by Corrine Jackson"

yes that's it thank you!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Touched (other topics)