Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Melodie's June 2018 Reads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments Only 5 for the month...but all good!

Robert B. Parker's Old Black Magic (Spenser, #46) by Ace Atkins Robert B. Parker's Old Black Magic by Ace Atkins: 46th Spenser and I still haven't gotten tired of them! Atkins has Parker's Spenser down pat and I love him for it. Spenser gets involved in a decades old art theft in this one. Only drawback? No Hawk! Grade: 9

Not a Creature Was Purring (Paws & Claws Mystery #5) by Krista Davis Not a Creature Was Purring by Krista Davis: 5th Paws and Claws and I like this series almost as much as Ms. Davis' long running Domestic Diva series. It's Christmastime in Wagtail and the whole town is decorated and ready for the holiday when a pet clothing tycoon turns up dead. Grade: 8.5

The President Is Missing by Bill Clinton The President Is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson: I hadn't read anything by Patterson in years and it was Clinton's name that reeled me in. A good read with a plot that seems all too plausible to me. Grade: 9

Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann: I'll just echo the sentiments of everyone else here who's read it: Great book! Grade: 9.5

To Die but Once (Maisie Dobbs, #14) by Jacqueline Winspear To Die but Once by Jacqueline Winspear: 14th Maisie Dobbs and another excellent entry in the series. Don't know why it took me so long to pick this series up! Grade: 9.5

message 2: by Erica Buitron (new)

Erica Buitron | 1 comments I just ordered the president is missing. Really looking forward to the read.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15079 comments Great month Melodie with five good books!
I look forward to reading the Clinton Patterson book; thanks for your comments. I haven’t read Patterson in many years myself.
Wise move it appears to collaborate with Bill Clinton to add interest.