Stephen King Book Club discussion

Book Suggestions > August Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisarhianon) | 56 comments Mod
Yes it's that time already...time to suggest which King book you want us to read for the month of August.
I know we have only just began reading Skeleton Crew but I'm putting this up earlier than normal so we can give ourselves more time to get hold of the book before August starts! :)

Please post your suggestions below, you have until the 17th July to do this. The poll will then be posted on the 18th July.

My suggestion is going to be IT again :P

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments I’ve not read Pet Cemetery yet and this book would be my vote for August.

message 3: by Ron (new)

Ron | 2 comments Currently reading IT again and would definitely be in favor of it for August. Probably take me that month to finish it anyway 😁

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I would be happy with whatever book is decided written by the King. IT would be fun to read. Missed the July book, so I will definitely keep tabs on this.

message 5: by Carolyn M L (new)

Carolyn M L (voracious-reader) | 7 comments I read IT in October 2016, but only just got around to watching the film last night, which I loved, so I’d be up for a re-read. However, I’m still to get to Pet Cemetery so I guess I’d be happy with whatever the outcome for the vote is :-)

message 6: by Becca (new)

Becca Sokolosky (becsoko420) | 2 comments I've been wanting to read IT since husband and I watched both the old and the new versions.

message 7: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Martinson | 24 comments Because and silver! I read the book last year and watched the movies this spring and loved all of it! The old one is such a classic movie and so corky but great! And the book is wonderfully written!

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Hey everyone!
I have just posted the poll so you can now go and vote!
I think this is going to be a close vote between IT and Pet Sematary!!!

message 9: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Martinson | 24 comments Yes the movie scared me too cause I scare easy but yes I look forward to either suggestion :) can’t wait

message 10: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Lane | 3 comments I’m actually currently reading IT

message 11: by delco (new)

delco (delcoreader) If IT is selected, I challenge someone to be the “voice of the clown”. Tell the story from his perspective. Backstory maybe?

message 12: by delco (new)

delco (delcoreader) ...and, one more thing. Someone made a comment of how wonderfully the book is written. So true! For this book and others which toe the creepy line, if you can focus on how SK presents the character’s thoughts and describes visuals, the books are more enjoyable.

message 13: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Dusablon (kaesmmtd720810) | 2 comments I am in any book will be fine

message 14: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Dusablon (kaesmmtd720810) | 2 comments Already read hearts f Atlantis wind through key hole and mr Mercedes but will re read again or can join in conversation

message 15: by Lisa (new)

And the winner is Pet Sematary!

Time to grab yourself a copy and we will start reading in August :D

message 16: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments Yay! I just purchased a mass market paperback copy last week. Excited to learn what the group thinks of the book.

message 17: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Martinson | 24 comments Yes! I can not wait! Looking forward to reading it on the long weekend! Or when I drive to a wedding! Yay

message 18: by Debi (new)

Debi Luke (Sunshinedll) | 4 comments fantastic.... I can't wait to hear everyone's opinion. my cousin just finished the book and said its wonderful!!!