Play Book Tag discussion

The Girl with All the Gifts (The Girl with All the Gifts, #1)
This topic is about The Girl with All the Gifts
July 2018: Dystopian > The Girl With All the Gifts - M.R. Carey - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments The Girl With All the Gifts started off so well and I really enjoyed the first third. A zombie story that I thought was going to have a different angle, it ended up being predictable and I found the last two thirds tedious and eventually just wanted it done so that I could move on. I'm finding it hard to see why it gets so many rave reviews to be honest. It definitely had strong similarities with The Walking Dead, and I ended up finding that boring and tedious too, albeit after six seasons, so maybe zombies just aren't my thing any longer. I am wishing that I had have done the audio instead of reading the print. I think it may have been more entertaining in that format. Oh well. You can't win them all.

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen | 1545 comments That’s too bad. I did like it more than you but I admittedly like zombie books which is weird for someone who mainly reads literary fiction - although lately I’ve been all over the place

Amy N. | 256 comments I enjoyed it, and I don't read or watch zombie fiction at all. I imagine if you're more familiar with the genre it would be more tedious, but somehow I was able to go into it not even knowing it was about zombies at all, so there was more of a twist for me.

annapi | 5159 comments I don't really like zombie fiction, but I loved this one. I found it rather fun, and although the end was predictable, I still enjoyed it.

Nicole | 430 comments I’m still not done yet. Mostly because it has slowed down a bit and I’m less engaged than I was before. It’s still a solid read in my opinion though, but I haven’t gotten to the ending so we’ll see how cliche/predictable it is ...

Elise (ellinou) I loved this one! I thought it was original, but I don't watch Walking Dead so maybe that's why.