UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

You like comedy sff? Wanna do a five question quiz?

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Hello there, I’m a humorous science fiction fantasy author. The books are quite funny too. Oh ho ho. I am on the brink of starting work on a new series. However, I thought it would be smart to ask for help from comedy sff readers so I can write the kinds of books my readers will really love and connect with - as opposed to the mad drivel I produce now.

Anyway, if you are into humorous science fiction fantasy and you want to help an author write books that, hopefully, will suit you as well as others! Please feel free to answer the five question quiz.

Hint, this thing is faster to do than Usain Bolt, it’s that quick, one of the questions is, ‘what is your name’!

https://goo.gl/forms/0FHXL9tLANuxsYfq1

Cheers

MTM

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments The world needs more funny sff!

message 3: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Thank you. I think so too!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Done!

message 5: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Yup.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22174 comments done

message 7: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Appleby-Dean (benjaminappleby-dean) Done!

message 8: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3056 comments Done :)

message 9: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Done

message 10: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Woopeeee! Thank you all so much for that it will help, a lot!

Cheers

MTM

message 11: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments It took me ages to do that!

(Why did you have to ask what I don't like?)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments C'mon, tell us all what you said!

message 13: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Mwahahahaahrgh! I’m hugely looking forward to reading your answers Will ... Patti I enjoyed yours too!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks, Mary. I wasn't terribly verbose, sorry.

If you'd like more detail from me, we can sort out sharing our mobile numbers while I'm still 'in country'.

message 15: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Thanks, Mary. I wasn't terribly verbose, sorry.

If you'd like more detail from me, we can sort out sharing our mobile numbers while I'm still 'in country'."

I might do that if I can finishe the data crunching in time ... it depends as there’s only a week of term left and quite a lot to shove into it! ;-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yes, it's lovely that the kids are still in school here.

We walked through the local park today in perfect peace.

message 17: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments M.T. wrote: "Mwahahahaahrgh! I’m hugely looking forward to reading your answers Will ... Patti I enjoyed yours too!"

What makes you think I gave my real name?

message 18: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments I know you did coz I found it ... unless that was Jim doing it a second time and pretending to be you!

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22174 comments or Patti doing it a third time after pretending to be me as well?

message 20: by Kath (last edited Jul 13, 2018 12:40AM) (new)

Kath Middleton | 25096 comments Don't worry kids. Mummy filled it in for all of you. 😎

message 21: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments So thoughtful

message 22: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1791 comments Done it - as I have a couple of horses in this race now, I'd be interested to see any results you're happy to share.

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Done. What's my name again?

message 24: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Did you sign in as Bellatrix lestrange?

message 25: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments I’m happy to share but in theory they are mostly the folks who read my books.

I should add, you do need to actually enjoy comedy sff for there to be any point in filling it in, although I do appreciate those who have taken the time and effort.

Cheers

MTM

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9139 comments Sorry, I maybe skewed your results :/

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments No cookie for Nosemanny.

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Will wrote: "Did you sign in as Bellatrix lestrange?"

No, I don't believe so, on the grounds that I prefer my house elves to be functional.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hehehe! Clever!

message 30: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) wrote: "Sorry, I maybe skewed your results :/"

Well ... I'm not sure ... one lady said she doesn't like or understand comedy sci fi and never reads it adding 'so I'm out' and leaving the question as to what in the name of pete she was doing on my mailing list!

message 31: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Another person said the pets are all boring, there for effect and have no character - clearly she hasn't met Humbert! Although, I thought that was one of you lot larking about. Mwahhahahrgh!

Up to 208 responses so it's getting there. I'm supposed to get 300 and as that's a tall order for me I'll be happy with 250. Everyone's being incredibly chatty and I'm amazed at how many folks are still clicking on the third reminder!

Cheers

MTM

message 32: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Will wrote: "Did you sign in as Bellatrix lestrange?"

Mwah hahhargh! I wish you had Elizabeth!

message 33: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Just out of interest, can I see your privacy notice as required by the new GDPR legislation. As Data Controller, you are required to provide me with a hard copy on request....

Just kidding. Well not really about the legislation, but I don't need to see the notice. New comedy book please.

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments I don't know if this is useful, but having listed my current favourite authors it occurs to me that an author I 'like' without necessarily being consumed by the desire to repeat read is Helen Harper. Her current 'Fractured Faerie' series beginning with Box of Frogs may be more helpful in narrowing down tastes in a similar vein.

Cheers

Concordia Lestrange ; )

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Darren wrote: "Just out of interest, can I see your privacy notice as required by the new GDPR legislation. As Data Controller, you are required to provide me with a hard copy on request....

Just kidding. Well n..."

You've some cheek asking for a new book.

message 36: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Darren wrote: "Just out of interest, can I see your privacy notice as required by the new GDPR legislation. As Data Controller, you are required to provide me with a hard copy on request....

Just kidding. Well n..."

Mwahhahaaargh I could do a privacy policy link. It's hard to find on my phone so maybe tomorrow. Have some shorts coming along, for 2.5 need 6. Also 60 k of a new short that is turning into a mad massive lump of kbarthan thing and 40k of a new series and a humorous look at my family history and my dad's dementia. I suspect I will finish that entire lot within 6 months of each other ... in about 5 years time!

message 37: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18544 comments I done it too

message 38: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments Shucks, thanks me duck!

message 39: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18544 comments My answers were as vague as I am, apologies for that!

message 40: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7856 comments I'm sure it'll be OK.

message 41: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "You've some cheek asking for a new book. "

Well, where's yours then?

I

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments :D

message 43: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: ":D"

That's not an answer.