a true crime book club. discussion

Guidelines/Schedules/Suggestions > LIVE STREAM SUGGESTIONS / IDEAS

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (gingergonzoreads) | 652 comments Mod
Hi Guys,

Peter would like for us to comment on his idea of a once every 6 weeks book discussion or what are everyone's thoughts on the frequency of the livestreams?

message 2: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Klopfenstein | 16 comments I think that would be fine. It might be a little harder to talk about 3 books at once but if it allows more people to participate, then that’s great.

message 3: by Mel (new)

See, Im super torn on this. I feel like it's a great way for more people to be able to participate but, on the other hand, it's hard to squeeze 2 to 3 books into an hour. Maybe once a month would be the better option so we're talking 2 books at a time.

I know that with summer everyone is traveling more frequently.

Emmie.Reads.Books | 95 comments I think the once a month option would be ideal, but every 6 weeks would work for me as well. I suggest always scheduling them on a weekend since usually less people have to work on Saturday and Sunday.

message 5: by Mel (new)

Lol! That was supposed to say *traveling more frequently

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments If we do it every six weeks for several books, it might have to be a discussion that's longer than an hour. I'm ok with that as long as we know ahead of time. I'm also ok with a once a month discussion that covers one book within the hour.

message 7: by Mel (new)

We are all so agreeable! :D

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcneal | 22 comments I am for once a month. I’ll be honest if we go to six weeks, I’ll be so far down the road reading I won’t feel like I’m having the same experience as if it was fresh. Is that completely selfish? Can we have the live streams later? Would I’m in an earlier time zone to it’s been hard for me to participate.

Also... love this group!!!!

message 9: by Mel (new)

Sandy wrote: "I am for once a month. I’ll be honest if we go to six weeks, I’ll be so far down the road reading I won’t feel like I’m having the same experience as if it was fresh. Is that completely selfish? Ca..."

I agree with you on the lack of a fresh experience type of feeling.

message 10: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments yea it’s true about the lack of experience. i think some of these books are lot gonna get the justice they deserve in just 20 mins , for example chances. that kinda needs it’s own live stream i think...

message 11: by Mel (new)

I think if we do a combo livestream, we should have it go longer than an hour.

message 12: by Mel (new)

Megan wrote: "I agree with Sandy that 3 books at a time might not be the same experience as when we're freshly finished with 1 book. I've definitely been more than ready to discuss Endless Night each week. At th..."

I think the reason people couldnt commit was due to being out of town. I was one of those people.

message 13: by Mel (new)

:)

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcneal | 22 comments Yes I think the 4th and vacations probably were at fault. I really am excited to participate with all of you. Whatever timeframe is decided I will do my best to be there.

message 15: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments My schedule depends on my husband's but I would prefer it to not be too long after because then I lose a lot of thoughts on what I read. I'll either make the streams or not. There's always discussions on here if I can't make them.

message 16: by Regina (new)

Regina I'm fine with once a month or 6 weeks, but maybe we can go longer than an hour since they'll be more than one book discussed? Weekends are good too.

message 17: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments Once a month is easier to remember. We could set a day of the month and then know when it would happen. I think it would be easier for peoples planning.

message 18: by Mel (new)

Just a reminder : the next livestream for Endless Night, Chances, & Lucky is this Sunday, August 19th, at 4PM EST.

Let me know if anyone has any question via DM or on this thread.

Thanks everyone!

message 19: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Probably won't be making it but thanks for the update. :)