Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Danger Tastes Dreadful (Bernie and Tish #1)
This topic is about Danger Tastes Dreadful
Book Issues > Merge two listings for same book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new) - added it

Ben Langhinrichs (blanghinrichs) | 4 comments A friend created a listing for my book, and then my publisher created a new listing for my book. Is there any way to merge the two. This one (listed in "This topic is about") is the publisher's, and has the full name as shown on Amazon, so the other one: Danger Tastes Dreadful should be merged into this one, I'd think. The book has not yet been released, and I'd like to not have confusion from the get go. Thanks!

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Ben,
one edition is Kindle (auto imported) and the other is paperback, so I combined them.
Do you know what ISBN the paperback edition should have?

message 3: by Ben (new) - added it

Ben Langhinrichs (blanghinrichs) | 4 comments Thanks. The publisher hasn't uploaded the paperback info to Amazon or given me an ISBN. When they do, I can let you know. It should be very soon.

message 4: by Ben (new) - added it

Ben Langhinrichs (blanghinrichs) | 4 comments My books were merged, but another one has come out. The correct listing is https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4..., but it does not have the ISBN. I tried adding the ISBN, but it is assigned to the other listing at https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4.... I would like to merge the two but keep the ratings and reviews. This is the first edition, so it is simply a duplicate listing. If it would help to use the full title that Amazon has, this can be re-titled "Danger Tastes Dreadful: A Middle Grade Fantasy" instead of just "Danger Tastes Dreadful". I just want a single listing.

message 5: by Jens (new)

Jens Raab | 70 comments I've merged the editions and have deleted one of the duplicates. If there are only few ratings & reviews they automatically are moved (to the default entry, I think); they aren't lost. In this very case the newest entry didn't yet have any ratings/review.
(NB: It'll take a few minutes for these changes to be visible.)

message 6: by Ben (new) - added it

Ben Langhinrichs (blanghinrichs) | 4 comments Thanks!