Chicks On Lit discussion

Surprise Me
This topic is about Surprise Me
Archive 08-19 GR Discussions > Discussion for "Surprise Me"by Sophie Kinsella, our Summer 2018 Group Read

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
Setting up this thread for our Summer 2018 read of Surprise Me. DIscussion leader will be Renee, who will be posting a reading/discussion schedule for us.

Who will be joining us for this read?

Renee (elenarenee) | 275 comments Well Obviously I will. I hope to see others. The book is funny and yet their is a lo to discuss. Imagine you suddenly realize that marriage means you will be with the same person forever. Will it become dull? Should you do something to keep the excitement in the relationship. Surprise me addresses just that.

I have house guests but I will be setting the read dates in the next couple days.

message 3: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
Sounds good, Renee. I have ordered my copy and look forward to reading and discussing!

Petra I'm in. I should be getting a copy from the library next week.

I'm a bit leery, I admit, but it sounds as if there will be issues here that will make for a good discussion.

Note: my leeriness is because of the "chick lit" label the book has gotten. Those don't always work well for me (although some do).

Renee (elenarenee) | 275 comments I think you will be surprised. The book is chick lit but it uses humor to explore relationships.

message 6: by Petra (last edited Aug 01, 2018 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Petra Thanks, Renee. That's what I'm hoping for. I have hopes as I've enjoyed many books labelled as such. It's an odd genre for me but I try not to discount a book because of that label.

I picked the audio book up yesterday and can start soon.