#HPReadathon2018 discussion

#HPReadathon2018 > HBP: Romance

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drew (new)

Drew (thataleech) | 40 comments Mod
Is the fact that the two main romantic ‘couples’ are best friends convenient or cute?
- Harry finally sees Ginny as more than his best friend’s little sister. Is it because she’s just there or has there always been something more between them?
- Ron and Hermione have been best friends for years. Is it super cliché that they like each other, or nice that their (foreshadowed) romance is founded on a strong friendship?
- Knowing that there are predestined couples, how are Lavender Brown and Cormac McLaggen portrayed?

message 2: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (ravenclaw_patronus) | 29 comments I think Romione is an amazing couple. You can see that there is sometimes awkwardness in Ron and Hermione's friendship and that the two care a lot for each other throughout the books, so it's only fitting that they end up together. At first, Ginny really liked Harry and has a crush on him, but Harry saw her only as Ron's sister. Then, the two become friends and throughout the books, thy become closer and eventually like each other. Their relationship isn't weird at all, but only Ron thinks so which is normal cause he's Ginny's older brother and he's protective of her.

message 3: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Wells | 24 comments I think Romione is such a cute couple, one that has been hinted at throughout the entire book series. The same goes with Hinny, except that wasn't hinted at except in HBP (unless I'm wrong). Seeing Harry's feelings towards Ginny grow throughout the book has been incredible, especially with *that* kiss after the Quidditch game (should've been included in the films but whatever). As for Lavender and Cormac, they're both extremely irritating so maybe they should've ended up together.