Addermire Institute (Semi-Advanced) discussion

Syracuse > | city streets

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 1501 comments Mod
description
it's not uncommon for the students of addermire to occasionally come out into the city to do their shopping, it's far easier than going back to the mundane world, and far more interesting too.

message 2: by Benny Boot (last edited Jul 17, 2018 03:21PM) (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments Luckily for Selina, Beretta, better know as Po-Po was wander around all the shops, stopping in all the shops that smelt good and bought things absentmindly to eat. He loved the city and all its sights, sounds, and smells. Right now he was munching down on a lemon pastry and had a small bottle of water next to him. Well, it was small compared to him. The man was giant. He wore a ballcap with a blue bird on it and a black shirt that unitentionally showed off his physique, and blue gym shorts. He looked like an athlete, but he had a sweet sort of smile and a tad dazed look in his eyes. Po-po had been looking around and made eye contact eith Selina, looked for a moment, before turning away, slightly embarrassed.

message 3: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments Po-po didnt want to go towards the woman, she looked slightly unerving to him, but when he looked up again she was struggling to carry all of that dtuff and he felt bad. So against his primal judgement, he stood up and walked over, a look of eorry on his face for her. "Are, uh, you alright." His voice was deep and low, but it also sounded like he was thinking each word through so it didnt sound like gibberish. He was rubbing his arm, his brown eyes shone with innocence. A perfect target for someone to possibly take advantage. But no one would ever do that? Totally not, everyone was nice ahere. Duh.

message 4: by Benny Boot (last edited Jul 17, 2018 03:59PM) (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments Po Po quickly bent down, reqdy to catch the bag, but it did not fall. Okay, the small girl proably needed help. "You..sure?" The girl was struggling by the looks of it but his inner voice told him to walk away. That voice didnt like anybody and was a prick, but she was small and had a lot of things, so he shrugged it away. "Want suh..some help?" His english was still a little poor due to lack of using it, his Japanese was better, but only by a small bit. Po Po gave her a smile, the one he had a moment before. It was easy for him to be nice to everyome, when you dont realize everyone isnt going to b3 nice back. Sabrina seemed nice, though je didnt know her name.

message 5: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments His check faintly turned a red color before he gently took the bags. "Do you go to the..instute'?" Po po asked, smiling back at her. He was glad to help out, he wouldnt be doing nothing today so suddenly he was given something to do. "I am Po-Po, like the ice climber." His grin grew as he introduced hinself. The bags were super light when he took them and was kind of surprised she couldnt lift them. No bother though, it was proably because she was small, but most everyone was small compared to the giant.

message 6: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments "I do to. Gonna be a bird doctor." He always wanted to be a vet, though it was going to really diffucult for him to finish with enough to be one. His eyes widened when she called herself Nana. She knew the ice climbers! "You play Smash Brothers too?" That is where he got his nickname from, despite his fat fingers Po Po was an expert at the game and he always played the Ice Climbers. This girl was awesome and pretty, but mostly awesome if she knew the game. "It is nice to me you Serina." He gave a small bow in return. This boy was dumb, it was easy to tell, but he has a heart the size of him.

message 7: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments The moment she said chocolate. Nothing else mattered. He zeroed in on her and shook his head no. "I like chocolate." He said, that smile shrinking back to a normal state and he stayed besided her, his hand reaching up with all the bags to adjust his ball cap. If she was giving him food, he would be loyal to her until the day he died. The saying a best way to mans heart is through his stomach was very true about Po Po. It was easy for him to space off and when a butterfly came by his attention was directed elsewhere for the moment, though, again, it was easy to bring him back to attention.

message 8: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments He watching the cool colored butterfly fly towards a lighpodt before a small hand started waving in his face. Po Po shook his head and looked down. She told him to open up, so he did. When the chocolate hit his tounge he smiled and started sucking on the piece of harder candy than he expected and held the bags, unsure of where she wanted him to go with them. He wanted to say something, but talking with food in your mouth was rude and Po Po knew better so he waited for the candy to be eaten before he would talk again.

message 9: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments Po Po nodded, it sounded like fun. Finding a new friend, or so he thought, was always a good day and it made better being able to hang outt with said new friend. He trailed being a little, not being able to see her face, but checking out alk the huolding with their beutiful designs. Though soon the candy melted in his mouth and he was able to speak again. "What are you getting, Miss Seh-lin-ah." He sounded out each syllable to get it right but called her miss because he was taught to be proper like that.

message 10: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments Gosh, this gal was so weird. She was like two diffrent peolpe, though our poor Po Po was none the wiser and proably would never be. "Huh?" He looked down when she spoke, and then wrinkled his nose in thought. "Well, we can go play with my birdies. They are nice." Beretta lived his birds. They were his pride and joy. "Or we can go...ooh! Whats that store!" He pointed towards what appeared to be a small arcade. It had pinball machines and video game arcades with a small sign out front. His eyes were now glued to all the colors and his focus, once again away from the girl who he was holding bags for.

message 11: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments "Sweet.." He didint say much as they enetered the blue room. Though small, it held about 25 machines plus one large dancing game. Po Po set the bags diwn on a chair, not worrying about them now, not when there were all these things to do. He grabbed his wallet and pulled out a twenty, handing to the gal at the counter to exchange. She seemed neevous by the big mans appearance and told him as she handed the tokens over. "You destroy anything your paying for it." Po Po paid no attention ti her except to say thank yoj than wondered back to Miss Selina. "Do you want to play?" He asked, mind being spilt between her and the noises and was having trouble which ome to pay attention to.

message 12: by Benny Boot (last edited Jul 18, 2018 07:00AM) (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments That was all he needed to hear before carefully setting 10 coins in her hand and he wondered off without another word. Beretta imedtitally went to the donkey kong one, as he was most familar with it and stuck a coin in. He had to hunch down a little to see the screen well though he was still pretty easy to find in the small arcade. His mind and eyes were glued to the screen as he played, making it to level two quickly and with ease. Video games were how he passed the time except sports so when Po Po seen this arcade, he was glad, very glad indeed.

message 13: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments He beat Donkey Kong with ease and began wondering until he saw a hammer game with the bell at the very top of the room. Oh this was right up his ally. He put three coins in. The rules say 150 tickets for everytime the bell goes off so grabbing the toy with both hands he swung down and -ding! The bell rang once, twice, and a third as he recieved all 450 tickets. Looking back at the wall he saw a thing he wanted. A big oled two handed plastic sword. It was big and Po Po loved it. It was a thoudand so he began searching for games that gave lots of tickets.

message 14: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments Aftee about roughly ten more minutes of playing, he got enough tickets and proadly dumped them on the couter, big ole grin on his face. "Big sword please!" The girl rolled her eyes and took the blade from where it was hanging and gave it to him. He also had enough to get a coulpe suckers and happiky took those as well. The silly plastic sword came with a shitty cloth sheath to hold it in and so he did, making him look like an awful action movie charecter. When he had gotten everything set up he wandered around looking for Selina, until Po Po came upon the small girl, the goofball grin still plastered on his face. "I won a sword and I got a sucker." He held up the other two small prizes, a cherry one and a lemon one.

message 15: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments Po Po loved the plush, it was Kirby! His buddy loved to play him when they played smash. "Sure!" Happily taking the plush for just a sucker. "Do you want to get your stuff back to where..uh..you live? Cuz you have lot of stuff." Stuffing the toy and sucker in his pocket, he grabbed all the bags again and returned. Ready to do her beck and call for the moment since A) she gave him chocolate and B) She plays games. Po Po was having the small feeling that she wasnt as happy as she looked but most peolpe wernt and that is where Po Po came in, to shine a little sunshine down on them.

message 16: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments "Oh, uh..yeah sure. I will stay, Im not doing nuthing today anyways." He thought the girl was getting bored of him but apperently not..Beretta sat down at a nearby table outsude of the arcade, the bags hitting the cobblestone with a small drop and easily took the lid off the chocolate tin and munched on them. "Thank you for the chocolates, they are yummy.." He spoke in between pieces, being kind enough to use manners when speaking. Here offering the food was really why he stayed, not wanting to give up a chance if they tasted this good. Though he did notice on the box and read it aloud. "Mah..made with magic. Find the..special piece for a re-re reward. Ooh neat!"

message 17: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments "Oh? I am uh..Po Po." He didnt like giving peolpe his real name, as names had power, even the dumbest of peolpe knew that. "From Brigmore home..nice there. I am..um..wolf man? Thats what Mr. Derek called it. And I am 17." He beamed at her as another piece of chocolate plopped into his mouth. "Ok, it is your turn, Miss Suh-lina." The chocolate was delious, it was full of white vanilla goo and made rub his stomach, though he really didnt mention it. Though his mission at the moment was to figure out which one has the special thing inside it.

message 18: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments "Ooooohh..a demon?" He never knew anyone who was a demon, or at least, no one told him that they were one. "Thats really cool!" His grin was endearing as said the rest about herself, but his mind was focused on the fact she was a demon. "I am from japan, my papa was a farmer and my mom too. I liked working on their farm. They use to have to get brothers to search for me and my momma told them 'go find beretta and give him food, the boy is always hungry.' She was very nice." Unknowingly he just had given his real name to her, he munched on a hars candy. This one wa slike penut brittle covered in chocolate.

message 19: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments How did she know his real name? That was crazy! "Uh-hun." He nodded, eyes widened by surprise. She must have been using her physic demon powers, that was it. "Thank you, My momma said that I have heart as big as I am." He chuckled at it, thinking about how big the heart had to be. "I like dancers. Was she a very good one?" Any sort of form of entertainment Beretta enjoyed, but dancing was one if his favorites. The ones he had seen there were stories behund them and the men and woman were all dressed up and it was quite fun. This boy was oblivous to everyrhinf nearly besides what she said, eyes tending ti wandee before he would look back at her or eat a piece if candy that was halfway gine at this point.

message 20: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments ((Sorry its short. Im having a small brain fart))

"Neat!" Beretta exclaimed before finding the special piece. It was shaped like a heart and when he broke it open, there was pink liquid on the inside and it smelt loke cherry and something else. "Huh!" That was his gasp when he finally found it and popped one half of it into his mouth. It tasted funny. "Try it. I dont like the special one very much." And he handed her the other half of the chocolate.

message 21: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments ((Should the special candy have something magic about it that fucks with them?))

message 22: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments ((Hmm..i dunno. A truth potion?))

message 23: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments ((Well he doesnt have much, but enough gor it to work.))
"It tasted like a penny. Not good." He felt the liquid seep down hus throat like syrup then a tingling feeling in the back of his mind. That was the substance kicking in. For the next while, it was impossinle for either if them to lie. Beretta popped a normal piece of chocolate in to get rid of the taste and looked up towards Selina again. "Can you dance like your mother? Or did she not teach you." He had heard of diffrent dance that only cwrtain creatures did so was curious whether demons had one or not.

message 24: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments Well now his intrest is peaked. "What hobbies do you do then?" He tilted his head in question, curiosity peaking about the girl. He had never heard of cabaret, whatever was, but Selina didnt like it by the looks of her facr. He then felt the urge to keep talking, let all his thoughts out, the serum now in full effect. Words did slip out. "You..nice.." Then he covered his mouth with a large mitt. Shut up Beretta, that small voice in his head returned, no need to tell her everything.

message 25: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments "I like games too, old ones are the best ones. Super Smash Brothers is the best one though." He was still reigning champion of the STD (smash till dawn) tournament, 2 years straight. "I think you are very nice, you talked to me and played games and you even gave me a plushie." He dugged out of his pocket the Kirby toy and set it on the table. "And..you arrrr.." He held it back in whatever he was going to say next and quickly chanhed the subject. He liked this Selina, she was more talkative, though he wasnt sure why.

message 26: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments "That is okay, some new ones are good too. Music gets better the newer you get." That was really the only reason he played newer games, was for the music. Po Po loved all kinds of songs and those orchestra tracks were beutiful. When Selina said that she was going to bother him, he had to stop from imedtitally saying the answer. Choosing his words very carefully, he spoke. "I guess you will have to bother me then. I will never tell you now since you want to know." There, he got it out. Smiling again he plopped the last piece of candy in his mouth and gave her a grin, one of someone who was messing with her now. Po Po didnt lime the way she saud it though and was slightly off put by how harsh the words sounded.

message 27: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments He shook his head no. "You dont get to know." He was freaking out a bit on the inside, she said she was demon, maybe she had tricks to make him tell her? Po Po didnt know and it scared him. "Yeah, they are. I like Halo's. Its funny when small boys go into echo-y places and try to sing it." He loved thise videos and seen someone doing it during sports practice once. He grabbed the plastic box, putting the lid back on and crushing thr box and tossed it in a nearby trash can before returning to his seat, a shit eating grin on his face and stuborness in his eyes. Now she couldnt know if she was gonna bother her this badly.

message 28: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments "You said a bunch a stuffs already though." Po Po felt kind of bad, and the grin quickly faded as well. He didnt want to make peolpe sad about it and out it slipped. "..i said you are pretty.." and then cursed himself, covering his mouth again so nothing else eould come out. His checks turned a vibrant red for a moment before slowly fading to normal. "..I'm sorry. Do you want to take your stuffs back to dorm now?" Po Po asked he still had all the bags on his side of the table.

message 29: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments Now he felt really bad. "Oh geez, I am sorry Selina, I didnt mean to make you feel bad." He put a large hand on her shoulder and gave her the other sucker he had. "You can have this." Then he sat back and waited for her to at least speak to him. He couldn't leave her alonw if he couldnt make it up to her somehow.

message 30: by Benny Boot (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 240 comments "Want something?" His head tolted once more, like a confused puppy hearing a strange sound. "I dont want nothing..I just wanna make new friends." Why would he want somethinf from her? Po Po hardly knew the girl. When she pushed the suckee back he took it and back into his pocket it went. His smile was faintly back when saw how red she gotten but it quickly went away. "You dont seem very shy. You very talkative." As he says this that tingling feeling faded as the serum was only for a short burst of time, either could lie now, but Beretta had no reason to.

message 31: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments One of the few things that Antoni remembered was a mess of brown curls. Now he was walking with a girl -Amelia was her name- with those very same curls. He knew that he should remember her, but then again that could he said for a lot of things. He was avoiding eye contact. He felt awful about all of this. She was so young, she didn't deserve to have her brother die just to have him come back not knowing who he was. "So... how have you been?" Jesus this was awkward, but he didnt know what else to do.

message 32: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Amelia couldn't believe what was real or what was fake anymore. She'd gotten the news of her brother dying not long ago and cried. And it was such a surprise being she hadn't cried in so long that it hurt. It hurt to cry and hurt to think. But then, suddenly, Antoni her so called "dead" brother showed up at her door. And now, she was walking with him. How he came back? She doesn't know or care. But she was told that he couldn't remember things and that's what hurt inside. He seemed to be avoiding contact with her, so Amelia did the same. She couldn't help but know that he didn't remember her. The times as kids. Her wanting for a cure. Nothing and she doubted very much that he even knew who she was. It hurt inside. Like his death. Everything hurt. When Antoni asked the question, Amelia didn't respond. Her eyes welled up in tears as she started to blaw, grabbing a hold of him and just hugging. She hugged him with every force inside of her. Amelia just wanted to be with him. She just wanted to see him.

message 33: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "I, uh-" he stammered, having absolutely no clue what to do. Part of him wanted to push her away. Part of him knew he should hug her back. This was, supposedly, his younger sister after all. Of course this could be a sick prank and this girl grabbing onto him for dear life was a child actor. He didnt want to think about that. Awkwardly wrapping an arm around her, he looked around for literally anyone to help. Fuck. No one he knew was there, of course. "Hey, wait, dont cry, please dont cry, it's okay. Im good."

message 34: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Amelia just continued to hug him, her grip getting stronger with every second that passed by. She heard him try and say something but didn't catch a single word of it over the sound of her bawling. Feeling the touch of his arm around her though and his words of reassurance seemed to calm her down a bit. Shaking her head, she just leaned into his arm, wiping her face on her shirt. "I'm sorry," Amelia said, rubbing her eyes with her arm. "I just- I'm just going through a couple of things yeah know? I know you're going through some things to and I shouldn't of done that."

message 35: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "You're okay. You're super young, there's no reason you should deal with this shit." He kept his voice soft, keeping his hand on Amelia's shoulder. Okay. He needed to cheer this bitch up, and quickly. He looked around them, trying to find something- AHA! He pulled out his pocket knife and cut a large Amaryllis from it's bush. It was a brilliant red, and even Antoni was almost stunned by it's beauty. It was probably something one of the Fey grew, or it wouldn't be nearly this high quality. "A flower for the most beautiful girl in Syracuse."

message 36: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Amelia stayed with his kind words, letting them ease her pain and make her smile. It always seemed to her that whenever she was sad or mad that Antoni might come in to help her, but usually she would just shoo him away and complain about something else. But this moment was different. The setting, the people, even herself. They were all so different and she didn't like that. Taking the flower carefully into her hands, Amelia sniffled a bit before leaning her head to look up at her brother more. "Thank you," she said, sniffing the flower and putting a wide grin on her face. "And it's not your fault trust me." I'm gonna kill the bitch that made my brother this way. He, Elio and I didn't deserve this. No one did.

message 37: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments ((-))