a true crime book club. discussion

Off Topic Discussion > Age appropriate?? polandbananabooks

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Huffer (brandibooklove) | 12 comments My 11 almost 12 year old wants to watch polandbananabooks youtube channel. Ive only seen her videos in passing but never watched them. Does she swear a lot? Any dirty Jokes?

message 2: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Huffer (brandibooklove) | 12 comments It says 15 people have viewed this but no one has answered my question. I know this in the Peters book club discussion section but this is the only group I am in. Can y'all PLEASE help me out? :)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hackworth (bookishlotus) | 16 comments I don't watch her channel much, but what I have seen has definitely been age friendly

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina I've never heard of her to be helpful to you, but I didn't want to pass your post by. Maybe ask in the comment section of her videos or view a few more of them? Sorry I couldn't help more.

message 5: by Eva (new)

Eva Mato | 9 comments I saw a couple of videos of her and I didn't find any profanity or swearing. They were entertaining and I think they were age friendly.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lenihan | 3 comments Most Booktubers talk about books and their lives. Nothing sinister is going on. I have not watched her channel but all the other booktubers I've watched are fine.

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel (gingergonzoreads) | 652 comments Mod
BRANDI wrote: "It says 15 people have viewed this but no one has answered my question. I know this in the Peters book club discussion section but this is the only group I am in. Can y'all PLEASE help me out? :)"

In the future, please put questions like these in the topic "Off Topic Discussion".

Thanks!

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcneal | 22 comments I watch her and I would have to say she is not vulgar at all. Her audience appears to be late teen to early 20’s. But with that being said you might want to watch several before your children do. If I am not mistaken she is in her early 20’s and is a college student. She will discuss romance on her channel even young adult which has now blurred into the invisible genre of New Adult. You can expect her to review authors like Sara J. Mass, Rick Riordan, Becky Albertali, Angie Thomas, McKenzie Lee, Victoria Aveyard if that helps at all.

She also Vlogs when she goes to convention you may watch a few of those too. I really hope that helps.

message 9: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments BRANDI wrote: "It says 15 people have viewed this but no one has answered my question. I know this in the Peters book club discussion section but this is the only group I am in. Can y'all PLEASE help me out? :)"

Sorry, I didn't answer because I don't watch her. Just couldn't get into her channel personally. I'd suggest viewing a few before deciding.

message 10: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Huffer (brandibooklove) | 12 comments Thanks a bunch!!! I really appreciate you guys!

message 11: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments I think of her as wholesome. I don't think she swears a lot, if at all, but I tend to forgot those things since they don't bother me. She's goofy in a good way.

message 12: by Peter (new)

Peter Monn | 23 comments Mod
Christine is amazing and I believe totally appropriate. She's one of the biggest booktubers and kind of set the stage for booktube.

message 13: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Huffer (brandibooklove) | 12 comments OMG 😱 I never expected you to answer me :) Thanks for the input Peter!!!! Your my all time favorite book tubers!!