『 Ionia 』 discussion

Blackridge > town square

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments -

message 2: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments The night was cold indeed it was, but Raven had places to be. The man had come to converse with another rebel known as the "Spymaster" to talk about some news the assassin might've caught. Yes, don't ask, he brought his weapons each and every one of them all sharpened to the point where they were too shiny to even look like instruments of death and destruction. Raven liked it, maybe a little too much. Walking down a side-street just to step into the town square, the man glanced around quickly just to ensure he was alone. Well. . . alone for now, sooner or later he would have company to treat. Knowing he couldn't just stand there in place and wait, Raven walked over to a nearby building and leaned up against it, far from any windows that might've been on the building. All he needed to do now was wait, and waiting is what he shall do.

message 3: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments

Being a spymaster was not entirely what Sakda had thought he'd be doing all those years ago. He also certainly didn't think he'd still be the one picking up messages like any of those under his charge, but here he was. He figured he needed to be close enough to the information so that should one spy fall, nothing important would be lost. Whatever this informant had to say would be carried over to the next spy below him, and would trickle down to the lowest rank.

Licking his lips, he observed his surrounding cautiously. It was nothing short of an exaggeration to say that a meeting of this kind in this place would be dangerous - and watched. There could be a number of eyes on the man as he strolled down the street, seeming nonchalant. The manner of his steps up to the way he held was his was a practiced, well maintained facade of calm and disinterest in his surroundings. But underneath it all was the readiness to spring into flight should he need to duck for cover or escape pursuit.

The spymaster scanned his surroundings, looking for the assassin as described to him by an employee who had arranged this encounter. Finding the dark haired man leaning back easily on a building, he cut through the town square and situated himself near the mouth of an alley, stopping to adjust the frames on his face. Sakda looked up, squinting as he sidled closer to the man, though never quite looked at him.

"Raven, I take it?"

message 4: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Looking up to spot the man walking towards him, Raven just scanned him from head to toe before speaking. "You must be right or I would've already left," the assassin joked, swaying his stance so he was standing on his toes. Already knowing that this was a rebel he's never meet before and knowing he might have some friends on his back was making Raven just a little uneasy. Of course he tried not to show his uneasiness being it could be used as a weapon against him. And by the gods above, he didn't want them to have any advantage over him, especially since he was alone. Yes, he was judging by first appearances but doing so has kept him safe in the past. Raven could already tell this was going to be an interesting conversation out here in the open.

"I take you received a message about me, huh?" It was a good start actually, made Raven thank himself for it. Trying not to make eye contact with the man, he just sighed as he waited for some sort of response to make his day.

message 5: by sucre'd fiend (new)

Sakda smiled. It was small and the amusement it held didn't reach his eyes. He placed his spectacles back on his nose, pushing the wire frame up his pointed nose further before turning to inspect the informant closer. Hair dark - but not quite like his name - and almost boyish features; he couldn't guage in the moment how old he was. The spymaster didn't remark on this, blinking owlishly before turning his gaze back to the square.

"I wouldn't be here if I hadn't gotten it." There was no bite to his words, not really, but there was an edge of annoyance that could easily be missed if not looked for. "I need further details. I know you understand the urgency of the situation - and where we are now." He eyes slid over the milling bodies in the square, the few lurking outside of businesses. Blackridge had a reputation and it made sure to live up to it. Sakda had learned this long ago, and it would not be a lesson he would so easily forget.

"I also know that you must have heard that I have very little time for games, so be sure to make this quick. Concise; something I wouldn't need to write down. It should be something I can repeat without variation. You understand what that means, yes?" He marked this last question with a pointed look, smile returning with just as little humor or kindness as it had before.

message 6: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven just blinked in agreement, quickly digging into the back of his mind for the information he needed to release to the man. Knowing it might help the rebellion push just a dent further into the wall of Whitefang steel made the boy glad. He couldn't help but wonder what else he might do with the rebellion, maybe join a group of his own instead of being in his little solo band. Who knows. "Yes, I quite certainly know what place were in know and how much a threat those people lingering about seem to give us." His voice was licked slightly with amusement, something he tended to have quite often enough already talking with other people. "Yes yes, I'll get it quickly here don't you worry." Instead of starting to talk about the info, instead the boy pulled out a scroll that had seemingly been hid into a pocket of his cloak and handed in over to the man. "Sorry it's not something you 'don't have to write down', because looky here! It's already written down 'ere."

The scroll contained a list of possible imports and exports of the Whitefang's materials and supply lines, making an ambush on a cart of these 'supplies' more easy. But, Raven didn't know whether or not they were a hoax, all he knew is that they came from a Whitefang members coat when he killed him.

message 7: by sucre'd fiend (last edited Jul 16, 2018 11:50AM) (new)

His smile now was only somewhat genuine. His lips twitched, as if to change into a full blown smile. But soon enough it dipped into a frown as he rolled the scroll up. He didn't, for the most part, care about anything else the boy might offer if it didn't clarify if this was a decoy or not. However, he was not much of a fan with how casual the other was being. Even if this was supposed to be a meeting under the guise of a pair of strangers chatting, there had to be some matter of formality to it. Ranks, an understanding of power. Just because the other was armed to the teeth didn't mean that Sakda was in any way afraid of him.

He'd seen worse.

Turning attention back to Raven, he nodded. "I'll ask for others to clarify that any of these are accurate." Nodding again, he tucked the scroll into his jacket. "Anything else?"

message 8: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((I really don't want to end this so quickly. Do you think they could go somewhere together?))

message 9: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments (does he have anything he wants to ask or add?)

message 10: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((I've been thinking about it and he might want to add something else about the King and Queen? Not sure I apologize for not being great at thinking of things.))

message 11: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments (i mean if he has the information, sakda would want to hear it)

message 12: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((Sure thing. I'll make up some stuff if you don't mind.))

Turning to the man and nodding, the assassin readjusted himself to seem more proper in his choice of attire. "The King doesn't seem to enjoy the fact that his subjects might be planning to overthrow him, so just a heads up to not tick anyone off with plans about killing him and such. And don't make fun of him either, no one tends to like people making fun of the King. But then again, why would anyone care if he's just a huge bag of shet." Raven didn't intend to joke, but that was what he was born for right?

message 13: by sucre'd fiend (new)

Sakda's brow rose, but his expression did not change otherwise. "I don't think anyone enjoys the idea of being overthrown, regardless of who they are, once they've had power." Was that supposed to mean that the King was onto them? Obviously he must know of the rebellion, but how much did he know? That was the question that mattered and it didn't seem much like Raven had the answer in the moment. "Anything on what he intends to do? Next moves? Decisive action being taken?"

He pushed his glasses further up his face, nonchalant. The scroll, for whatever the information on it was worth, felt like it was burning a whole in his pocket. If this was about to be a waste of his time, the spymaster would be sure to warn the other of doing so again. Both of them were busy in their own respects and it was, truthfully, unfair to each other to hold on to information to prolong a meeting in such dangerous territory. "Did the soldiers you took out have anything on their orders?"

message 14: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven had to agree, this man did know what he was talking about. It wasn't like someone with his reputation wouldn't know how, but knowing how the King of his own kingdom acted like a total bitch did show something of value to him. But you could never be too careful who you were talking to, especially in this kingdom. Shaking his head, he looked back up at the Spymaster, curious as to how he seemed to hide his emotions so well, even within his eyes. "No, not that I know of sadly. If I do find anything though, I'll be sure to find some way of contacting you, just in case you might need it. I bet you might, being you actually took this meeting with haste even though we're so far in the open just standing here. I'm surprised, actually. I really am."

Readjusting his cloak, he just continued to listen to his new acquaintance, interested where he found all these questions so quickly. "I don't imagine they do. And, just to correct you, I only killed one. I would've killed more, but it seemed to me like I was gambling with the Devil at the time. I'd rather I not, not now."

message 15: by sucre'd fiend (new)

"I see."

There was no disappointment in his voice or expression, though he did feel a bit of it. Sakda would be loathed to admit that he'd wanted some more information, but then again, who wouldn't? Information was the currency he lived by and there was some scarcity of things worthy of high demand, particularly on the rebel front. He'd have to be content with what he had already. "I'd expect you wouldn't want to mess with the devil in your line of work."

The spymaster could understand that much; he wouldn't do that himself in such a situation. "And that's all, yes?"

message 16: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments "Exactly that." Raven replied, leaning back against the wall once again. Doing so would show a sign of comfortness around the man but he didn't care as to what this man might do know. He'd given him information and that's all that seemed to matter. "The Devil doesn't want to mess with us anyways. He's more interested in the Whitefang members in my opinion." Chuckling, he scanned their surroundings once more, his eyes flicking back and forth between people and darkness. "I would imagine so, unless there's something you might want to tell me that I probably wouldn't know of yet."

message 17: by sucre'd fiend (new)

"I've nothing to share with you."

This wasn't an exchange of information. The raise of his brows and the almost verbal 'are you serious?' written all over his expression came quickly. What made Raven think that Sakda would share anything, if he had anything to share? Snorting, the grey-haired man glanced around a moment before looking back at the assassin. "You've been useful, thank you. If you have any questions for me, you might want to ask them now, but I cannot guarantee you'll get any of the answers you're looking for."