『 Ionia 』 discussion

Welcome > questions and suggestions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
Ask a question, or suggest something here!

message 2: by butterbean (last edited Jul 10, 2018 02:10PM) (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments

*inhales* okay here we go. sorry, i might have a lot of questions :\

are there any rebellions already started or do we have to start our own?

why is the character request page locked? if it's locked to not be commented in and the requests are still open, where do we claim the claims?

has anyone started making the leader of the white fang guild and if no one has, is the claim up for grabs?

can we create assassins?

where is the page for power claims? do we have to pm you for the claims or just post the characters and wait to see if they're claimed?

is it okay if i make LGBTQ+ characters or is homosexuality and all the others not allowed?

can we talk about alcohol and can we roleplay about it?

is swearing allowed as long as it doesn't have something to do with racism and as long as it's not faced towards other members?

how long do our comments have to be?

*exhales and breathes again* okay sorry for all the questions, i was just wondering! :)

message 3: by soub, egg (new)

jellybean wrote: "
*inhales* okay here we go. sorry, i might have a lot of questions :\

are there any rebellions already started or do we have to start our own?

why is the character request page locked? if it's ..."

1. The rebellion has started, I'm still writing it though! Also it has no name yet, but I'll get to it in a few hours!

2.The request page is locked because we don't want anyone claiming royalty yet, when the group gets bigger and there are plenty of normal characters, it will be unlocked!

3. The white fang leader will not be up for claims, I'm going to write a back story for him, but once that is done, he'll be up for claiming.

4. Yes, but not too many

5. Pm me for claims!

6. OFC!!!! in any of my groups, LGBT+ is ALWAYS allowed!

7. Yes! There will be lots of taverns and bars also!

8. Swearing is allowed, but if its in a roleplay, ask the person you're rp-ing with just because some people might not like it

8. At least two sentances!

Also its totally fine!

message 4: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Oh! Well, thank you so much for your time! I really appreciate it. And thank you for answering my questions. That gets a lot of them asked so hopefully, I won't have to ask any more in the future. :)

message 5: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments Here are my questions:

1. What are the differences between the legions and the rebellion?
1a. What are the claims for either organization?
1b. How do the two interact?

2. When can we expect more information on the White Fang guild?

3. When can we expect more information on the legions and the rebellion?

4. Other than being kingdom-based, what is the setting of the roleplay?

5. How common are magical abilities and how exactly do they tie into the setting?
5a. Is it like an X-Men mutant situation in terms how those with abilities are treated?
5b. Do any of the kingdoms have ways to combat these abilities?
5c. What are the limitations of these abilities? Because I’ve seen mind control and that can get god-moddy very fast.
5d. Are duplicate powers common?

6. When you say “fighting goes to PM” does that mean ic fighting?

7. How does each kingdom contribute to the Ionia as a whole? I mean to say - what was each kingdom doing to sustain them? Who managed food production/farming? Who is known for what?

message 6: by soub, egg (new)

sucre'd fiend wrote: "Here are my questions:
1. What are the differences between the legions and the rebellion?
1a. What are the claims for either organization?
1b. How do the two interact?

2. When can we expect mor..."

1. The legion is a group that supports and defends the white fang and their plans to rule Ionia. The rebellion doesn't support them and is rebelling against them. They want the true heir to be high king.
1b. They are very hateful towards each other.

2/3. Soon, hopefully today. I'm just really really busy with other things at the moment.

4. I'm still figuring that out, sorry.

5. Magical abilities aren't super common, people have to learn them and it is very hard to do that.

5a. People with abilities aren't treated differently, because anyone could learn an ability, it just takes a lot of strength to do so.

5c. There aren't any limitations, that's why I'm having people pm me about the abilities so I can approve them and make sure it isn't something super powerful. Yes, mind control is somewhat acceptable. I gave it to my character, as very weak mind control that causes physical exertion so it isn't super god-moddy.
5d. Yes

6. Like, argumentative fighting in the chat.

7. Still deciding that stuff.

I hope I cleared most of this stuff up, if you have any more questions or suggestions about anything, please pm me!

message 7: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments

4. Uh, so it's not modern? Because that's what I thought it was. Kinda need that information lol

5. How do these abilities tie into the roleplay? If people have to learn them, pretty sure they would be more common, I feel. ( Also, how is mind control, no matter how weak, not god-moddy? The drawback doesn't really excuse the power itself. )

message 8: by soub, egg (new)

It's not modern.

Like I said, I'm still trying to figure everything out because I'm super super busy and don't have a lot of time to write this stuff out.

It's just one ability, I'm not making anyone else with it. Is that alright?

message 9: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments

So, typical fantasy setting? Medieval?

I mean...sure?

message 10: by soub, egg (new)

Medieval.

message 11: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments I see, thanks.

message 12: by soub, egg (new)

No, sorry!

message 13: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments On the subject of guns irp, there's this, so idk if you wanna go based on this information about when guns were made

message 14: by soub, egg (new)

I didn't know that oof, but I'd rather just not have them

message 15: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments What is The Dark Forest?

message 16: by soub, egg (new)

jellybean wrote: "What is The Dark Forest?"

The dark forest is an eerie patch of land near Blackridge. It's very dark and mazelike, and in the middle is the main headquarters of the white fang.

message 17: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Okay! Just wondering. :)

message 18: by quq (last edited Jul 12, 2018 08:55PM) (new)

quq  (190511) what is “rank”? and what’s the difference between wintervale and blackridge?

message 19: by soub, egg (new)

nσνα☽ wrote: "what is “rank”? and what’s the difference between wintervale and blackridge?"

Ranks are basically the role of your character in the kingdom, like are they a shop owner, a palace guard, a peasant etc!

message 20: by soub, egg (new)

Also, the differences between the kingdoms are here

message 21: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) okie dokey thank you!

message 22: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 101 comments Does Ionia have nomadic tribes?

message 23: by soub, egg (new)

nope

message 24: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 101 comments K, doing character histories are the hardest part.

message 25: by soub, egg (new)

omg yes they are

message 26: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 101 comments So it personality...... that is when they have two sets of them to do.

message 27: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 101 comments Thank goodness the history is the same...

message 28: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments can we have our characters in more than one place or will that screw everything up in the group?

message 29: by soub, egg (new)

It's fine, just don't have your character in more than two places at once!

i do it a lot rip

message 30: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Can we have a section where you haven't finished creating your characters?

I may be a chance of me not finishing creating a character in one day and you might ending up proving it way to early.

message 31: by soub, egg (new)

Um there already is one. It’s titled “workshop”

message 32: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Suggestion: We don't have to worry about the history if we don't have it. If we have members who aren't best at creating histories don't need to.

message 33: by soub, egg (new)

If you have a problem with that, then don't make a character lol

I suck at histories yet I still write them. They are a required thing in any goodreads rp group.

message 34: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Do you know what histories I must put for a modern pirate?

message 35: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments May I make an executive of the White Fang? Or just a higher up who orders people around?

message 36: by soub, egg (new)

muuumew wrote: "May I make an executive of the White Fang? Or just a higher up who orders people around?"
Either is fine!

message 37: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments thank you!

message 38: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Could I make a rebellion member who’s been captured by the White Fang members? Like a prisoner?

message 39: by soub, egg (new)

jellybean [semi-hiatus] wrote: "Could I make a rebellion member who’s been captured by the White Fang members? Like a prisoner?"

Yes!

message 40: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Oh yeah. ;)

Crap! I wanna make his face claim Kevin Hart, but wouldn’t that sorta seem. . . I don’t know - racist?

message 41: by soub, egg (new)

I mean, I don't think so?

maybe try and get some other opinions on the matter?

message 42: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Yeah luckily that’s what I’m trying to do. It’s just, wouldn’t it be funny to have a humorous person in prison just making jokes with the guards? xD

message 43: by soub, egg (new)

it would be funny!

message 44: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments screw it, that’ll be my face claim. If anyone has a problem with that, speak now or hold your peace.

message 45: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments i don't think it's racist, lol

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

very important question are frying pans applicable to the time period

message 47: by soub, egg (new)

Hell yes

((Omg are you making who I think you’re making??))

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

heCc yeah

;)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

he's in the workshop lord help me

message 50: by soub, egg (new)

Is it h u n g a r y ?

« previous 1