Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Author name change

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janine (last edited Jul 10, 2018 11:46AM) (new)

Janine Bürger de Assis (janineassis) | 8 comments Hello!
I've an author trying to change her name, but it says she can't do it because she isn't a librarian. I checked if it was possible for me do it, but I receive a message saying "Sorry, this author is on Goodreads ans is responsible for editing their own data".
Here is her profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

She needs to change her name from Danielle Beagley to Dee Lagasse.
It will be her first book, so no problems with back work.
Can anyone help us?

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee Lagasse (deelagasse) | 2 comments Hi! I’m the author she’s asking about. When I first planned on releasing the debut, I had chosen to use my maiden name. I have since decided not to. Without Warning will be released in November and I just want to get everything lined up!

If anyone could help, I would super appreciate it.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45462 comments Mod
That sort of edit actually requires staff intervention, so in future please have the author use the Contact Us link on the Help page.

I got this one.

message 4: by Janine (new)

Janine Bürger de Assis (janineassis) | 8 comments rivka wrote: "That sort of edit actually requires staff intervention, so in future please have the author use the Contact Us link on the Help page.

I got this one."

Thank you for your fast reply! It was a new issue for me, but If I ever need this kind of help again, I'll have the author use the Contact Us link.