What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > Children/YA Fantasy read in late 90s? Gypsy girl can tell fortunes better than her mother. Villain visit girl & mother to have his fortune told. Second main character is a boy, adventure to save a world/kingdom?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This has been driving me nuts for years. It's a book I read when I was a little girl (maybe late 90s?). All I can really remember about it was one of the two main characters was a gypsy and she could tell fortunes. I remember that she was better at it than her mother and she could do magic through meditation - breath in one nostril and out the other. I also remember the book started with the villain going to visit the girl and her mother to get his fortune told.

I think there was a second character who was a boy and there was an adventure to save their world or kingdom or something similar. I know it's not a lot of information, hense me never being able to find it on Google. >.< Any points in the right direction would be wonderful

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jul 10, 2018 12:48PM) (new)

Kris | 36481 comments Mod
Jordan, I notice a link for the The Book Thief in the header. Is this book somehow similar to the one you're looking for? (When a request is first created, just leave the book link above empty - we fill it when the book is found.)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It wouldn't let me post anything without something it that box

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jul 10, 2018 01:48PM) (new)

Not sure what happened. Goodreads does some strange things sometimes. No worries, I removed the book link.

message 5: by Kris (new)

I added some plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) by clicking the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

How old is the gypsy girl? How and where does she meet the boy? Is he from a fantasy world/kingdom?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
OP's account was deleted. Moving to NWNK.