Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 1st issue of a queer comic about monsters

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KNA (last edited Jul 10, 2018 10:30AM) (new)

KNA  (martygreen) | 12 comments the script is 34 pages, but it's in script format, so it reads super super fast. It only details about 17 pages of comics.
It's a queer comic about monsters. There's nonbinary, aroace, and bi rep in the first issue.
One of the main characters, Venn, embarks on a dangerous journey in order to become human. The other main character, Elonore, tries to decide whether or not it's safe to pursue a romantic relationship with a pretty girl she's just met. All the while, they're being hunted by monster hunters.

i'm more than willing to swap with someone, but i'd appreciate it if we swapped about the same quantity of content!! just hit me up and we can work something out! :D

message 2: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda | 16 comments Is the script formatted like a graphic novel script, ie, broken into pages and panels, or is it more like a screenplay? Just curious what type of feedback you're looking for -- story, pacing, characters, or are you looking for feedback as to how it plays as a comic (in which case you'd probably need to identify pages and panels)?

message 3: by KNA (new)

KNA  (martygreen) | 12 comments Rhonda wrote: "Is the script formatted like a graphic novel script, ie, broken into pages and panels, or is it more like a screenplay? Just curious what type of feedback you're looking for -- story, pacing, chara..."

(I clicked the reply button idk if it works XD )
It's in graphic novel script format, it's got all the pages and panels separated! I'm looking for feedback on the story. I want to make sure it reads well story-wise before I spend the time illustrating. Most of the questions I've been tossing around about it are about the story structure for each character arc within the issue and how readers will respond to each character.

message 4: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda | 16 comments Sure, I'd like to do a beta read. II'll give you my email address in a PM so you can send it.