What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance novel set in (i believe) early America? The heroine's family was believed to be killed by native American Indians, and she goes to live with family friends in the village. She falls in love with the son of the people who raised her

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mere (new)

Mere | 1 comments I read this book a few years ago, can't remember name or author. It was set in (i believe) early America. The heroine's family was believed to be killed by native American Indians, and she goes to live with family friends in the village. She falls in love with the son of the people who raised her and they sleep together before he leaves to be a fur trapper with a couple other men. When he comes back she has a young daughter, and everyone assumes it belongs to another man in the village. He finds out in the end that it's his baby, and that's all I remember! Help!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jul 30, 2018 03:28PM) (new)

Kris | 36538 comments Mod
Mere, where did her family get killed (e.g., wagon train)? And who was killed (e.g., her parents, siblings, husband)?

Do you remember anyone's jobs (e.g., heroine, family friends, the man everyone thinks fathered her daughter)? Does the heroine have special skills or interests?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, somber/sad, funny at times, etc.?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Mere, are you still looking for this or did you find it?