Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Divas Don't Knit
This topic is about Divas Don't Knit
Book Issues > Book missing from author's bibliographic info

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Hegarty | 3 comments Clicking on the author's name produces a list of books which include others in this series, but excludes the above title.

message 2: by Olivia (new)

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26902 comments Robert it is quite common for a book to be published under different names particularly in the UK/US market, same as different covers even when the name is the same. Blame the marketing people.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Hegarty | 3 comments Olivia wrote: "it's under other editions of The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club"

Thanks, Olivia. I wouldn't ordinarily think to check the details of a book with a completely different title, so I think it would be helpful to include the title in a listing of the author's work - especially as I was looking for a UK title written by a UK author ('The Beach Street...etc' title was only used in the US, I think). Of course, this is a US site, but I kind of forgot that when I saw 'Needles and Pearls', which uses the matching UK paperback cover.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Hegarty | 3 comments Sandra wrote: "Robert it is quite common for a book to be published under different names particularly in the UK/US market, same as different covers even when the name is the same. Blame the marketing people."

Thanks Sandra - didn't even think of that (though I have come across it before). Still think it would have been helpful if it had come up in the list regardless.

Incidentally, I just looked on Amazon, and see that Hachette have republished the US title in the UK, and garnered a series of 1-star reviews from buyers who thought it a new title, but had already read 'Divas Don't Knit' (published by Bloomsbury years before), and felt ripped off. Marketing people, eh?

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26902 comments Yep, Marketing people ~ possibly they don't read. LOL.

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Robert,
there is no technical possibility to include both versions of the title.
The one that would be displayed on author page is the most popular edition, and all editions of the work need to be combined, so there can be only one listing for the book, no matter how many versions of the title and translations it have.