Horror Aficionados discussion

Fever Dream (Pendergast, #10)
This topic is about Fever Dream
Buddy Reads > Fever Dream - Preston/Child

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Ginger | 3489 comments Buddy read starting today for Fever Dream! It's #10 in the series and it's about Helene Pendergast. Eek!! :D
Come join the fun as Terry and I keep the Pendergast journey going!

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "Buddy read starting today for Fever Dream! It's #10 in the series and it's about Helene Pendergast. Eek!! :D
Come join the fun as Terry and I keep the Pendergast journey going!"

YAS! Finally!

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Buddy read starting today for Fever Dream! It's #10 in the series and it's about Helene Pendergast. Eek!! :D
Come join the fun as Terry and I keep the Pendergast journ..."

Hahaha! We had to get through that door stopper first, aka The Stand!!

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Buddy read starting today for Fever Dream! It's #10 in the series and it's about Helene Pendergast. Eek!! :D
Come join the fun as Terry and I keep the ..."

And not just reading it, but a needed recovery period as well!

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "And not just reading it, but a needed recovery period as well! "

YES! haha

message 6: by Matthew (last edited Jul 10, 2018 02:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments This one is going to be tough for me to discuss because it is book one of a trilogy and remembering which events occurred in which book might be difficult! :)

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "This one is going to be tough for me to discuss because it is book one of a trilogy and remembering which events occurred in which book might be difficult! :)"

Ha! Another trilogy? Did you like this one more then the Diogenes trilogy? I'll make sure to do spoilers and explain it well.

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "This one is going to be tough for me to discuss because it is book one of a trilogy and remembering which events occurred in which book might be difficult! :)"

Ha! Another trilogy?..."

Yup - another trilogy! Um, thinking I probably liked them about the same.

Alan | 5532 comments Mod
I liked the Diogenese trilogy much better. This one felt like it was at least a book too long, but mainly the last two books.

Ginger | 3489 comments Alan wrote: "I liked the Diogenese trilogy much better. This one felt like it was at least a book too long, but mainly the last two books."

Good to know and thanks Alan for the feedback! 😃

message 11: by Ginger (last edited Jul 11, 2018 06:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3489 comments I got to the start of Ch9 last night! Wow! I love this writing. I'm already pulled in. Preston/Child is just so good at what they do.

(view spoiler)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Of all the books in the series, this was the one where I had the least idea where it might be going through the first few chapters.

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "Of all the books in the series, this was the one where I had the least idea where it might be going through the first few chapters."

That's why I'm trying to explain as much as possible in my spoiler. :)

Terry | 4979 comments I only just made it through ch3 last night, but quite the start! Your update makes sense now, Ginger. I was surprised (view spoiler)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "I only just made it through ch3 last night, but quite the start! Your update makes sense now, Ginger. I was surprised [spoilers removed]"

I know! This books starts off with a bang!
Yeah, (view spoiler)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Of all the books in the series, this was the one where I had the least idea where it might be going through the first few chapters."

That's why I'm trying to explain as much as pos..."

And, of course, you always explain so well! :)

I just looked at my review of this one again, and I now remember that (view spoiler)

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "I just looked at my review of this one again, and I now remember that (view spoiler) "

SWEET!!! Ahahaha! I can't wait to read about it.

message 18: by Matthew (last edited Jul 11, 2018 07:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I only just made it through ch3 last night, but quite the start! Your update makes sense now, Ginger. I was surprised [spoilers removed]"

I know! This books starts off with a bang!
Y..."

To your spoiler I say . . . Muah ha ha ;)

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "To your spoiler I say . . . Muah ha ha ;)."

Hahaha!

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments What is great - and I hope this is not saying too much, but some of the mysterious stuff you are already seeing (view spoiler) Once you start this book, you are committed to the trilogy! :)

But, I have a feeling that you guys don't mind!

message 21: by Ginger (last edited Jul 11, 2018 07:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "What is great - and I hope this is not saying too much, but some of the mysterious stuff you are already seeing [spoilers removed] Once you start this book, you are committed to the trilogy! :)

Bu..."

Nope, we don't mind! :D
I think that's why Preston/Child (view spoiler)

message 22: by Terry (last edited Jul 11, 2018 08:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Terry | 4979 comments Your updates are great Matthew! Definitely keeping me excited to read all of these. And you’re right, Ginger! Addictive is a good descriptor.

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "Your updates are great Matthew! Definitely keeping me excited to read all of these. And your right, Ginger! Addictive is a good descriptor."

I agree Terry!!

Terry | 4979 comments I've read up to ch16. So, it hasn't taken me long to get suspicious of (view spoiler)

message 25: by Ginger (last edited Jul 13, 2018 09:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "I've read up to ch16. So, it hasn't taken me long to get suspicious of [spoilers removed]"

I just got up to Ch18. I agree Terry! (view spoiler)

Terry | 4979 comments I’m already behind, Ginger! I hope to make some progress tomorrow.

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "I’m already behind, Ginger! I hope to make some progress tomorrow."

No worries Terry!! I'm enjoying my other reads right now as well. I'm loving reading Pendergast again. It's just so easy and suspenseful to read!!

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I’m already behind, Ginger! I hope to make some progress tomorrow."

No worries Terry!! I'm enjoying my other reads right now as well. I'm loving reading Pendergast again. It's just s..."

I totally agree! Something about the writing style ( and of course great stories) make these some of the easiest books to read.

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "I totally agree! Something about the writing style ( and of course great stories) make these some of the easiest books to read. "

Totally agree!!

message 30: by Ginger (last edited Jul 15, 2018 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3489 comments I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this weekend Terry. Don't worry about trying to read fast. I've got two other books that I'm reading this week so you should catch up soon.

Don't read this until you've caught up Terry!
(view spoiler)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this weekend Terry. Don't worry about trying to read fast. I've got two other books that I'm ..."

Regarding your spoiler:

(view spoiler)

message 32: by Ginger (last edited Jul 15, 2018 02:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this weekend Terry. Don't worry about trying to read fast. I've got two other ..."

Hahahaha!!! I get the idea. 😃🤣
I had a feeling that (view spoiler)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this weekend Terry. Don't worry about trying to read fast. I've got two other books that I'm ..."

Sound s good, Ginger. Glad you are enjoying! I do need to learn to read faster, haha.

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments I was so scared (view spoiler)

It's interesting to see all the speculations on the twists in this book so far. Having read the whole series, the plot progress is so crazy and unexpected, if anyone can figure this out before the end, I would be surprised.

It's like, I show you a picture of a monkey eating a banana next to a banana stand and I ask you how the monkey got it. You might say he stole it or the propieter gave it to him. But, if the twist on the picture is as crazy as this series, the real story is that he is a genetically modified monkey who used a burner phone (so he couldn't be traced) and ordered a banana to be delivered to him by drone.

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "I was so scared [spoilers removed]

It's interesting to see all the speculations on the twists in this book so far. Having read the whole series, the plot progress is so crazy and unexpected, if an..."

Hahahaha! That is a perfect explanation so far about where this plot is heading!! 🤣🤣👍

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this weekend Terry. Don't worry about trying to read fast. I've got two other ..."

Nah, you’re doing great! I’m just a reading machine this weekend.

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "I was so scared [spoilers removed]

It's interesting to see all the speculations on the twists in this book so far. Having read the whole series, the plot progress is so crazy and u..."

Hahaha, 😂 That's great, Matthew! That really leaves me grasping at straws, but loving that.

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this weekend Terry. Don't worry about trying to read fast. I've ..."

I may have gone to the movies with my 10-year old son to see ant-man, and I might have played an Xbox game with him this morning, and it's possible I was distracted by the World Cup soccer... both days...so many distractions, it's no wonder I'm over-committed on buddy reads at the moment....😂🤓

message 39: by Ginger (last edited Jul 15, 2018 04:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this weekend Terry. Don't worry about trying to r..."

That sounds like a great weekend! How was Ant-Man & the Wasp by the way?

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this weekend Terry. Don't worry abo..."

It's been fun (although unproductive), for sure. And the movie was good. It wasn't quite as good as the first one, but Marvel is doing it right and we both liked it. Worth seeing.

Terry | 4979 comments And I've only just made it to ch21. On the cover of the version I'm reading is a picture of an empty birdcage. I'd wondered about the meaning of that, especially with the way this started, but I'm starting to see why now.

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this weekend Terry. ..."

Great! Yeah, Marvel does a great job with all the movies. I have not been disappointed yet when they started years ago with the first one, Iron Man!
By the way, I started reading The Haunted Forest Tour today. You will love this one Terry! It’s an excellent creature feature book. I hope it’s good the whole way through.

message 43: by Ginger (last edited Jul 15, 2018 05:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "And I've only just made it to ch21. On the cover of the version I'm reading is a picture of an empty birdcage. I'd wondered about the meaning of that, especially with the way this started, but I'm ..."

They get into it! You’ll love where this “gmo monkey with the banana that was dropped by a drone” goes! What Matthew said...🤓😉🤣

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy to read this w..."

Very cool. That book sounds right up my alley! I loved that creature picture you posted with your update.

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I'm stopping at the end of Ch47 since it's a good place to stop.
Holy shit, this book was easy..."

Great! I'm really liking it so far!

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "They get into it! You’ll love where this “gmo monkey with the banana that was dropped by a drone” goes! What Matthew said...🤓😉🤣..."

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "They get into it! You’ll love where this “gmo monkey with the banana that was dropped by a drone” goes! What Matthew said...🤓😉🤣..."

"

LMAO!!!! Perfect picture. :D

Terry | 4979 comments I just got to the end of ch26. WTH! (view spoiler)

message 49: by Matthew (last edited Jul 16, 2018 10:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Terry wrote: "I just got to the end of ch26. WTH! [spoilers removed]"

Remember - GMO Monkey! ;) None of it seems right or makes sense - until it does! :)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "I just got to the end of ch26. WTH! [spoilers removed]"

Ha! That was a crazy decision. WTF indeed. 🤔🤣

« previous 1