2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Heir of Fire > Question K

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments The Corchan witch claims that the Ironteeth witches are not born evil as most of them believe, but are taught to be soulless. Do you agree with this? Why would the Ironteeth matrons teach their daughters to be this way? What do you think happens to the male children born to the Ironteeth witches?

message 2: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments I never thought about males within the Ironteeth witches. Knowing how bloodthirsty and...well...soulless they probably kill the males at birth. I'm not sure as to why they are this way unless it stems from the very first Ironteeth witch. Maybe she was wronged, betrayed by someone she loved and vowed never to let it happen again. I wonder if we'll get more info on their beginning.

We did see some of the not so soulless in Manon during her storyline. I think she is going to become a pivotal character in the future of the Blackbeak clan in a positive way.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I too thought that the witches must kill the male babies or perhaps they imprison them to use as sperm donors...

That's an interesting idea about the first Ironteeth witch being betrayed. I really need to know more!

Yes, Manon seems to exemplify the idea that the Ironteeth witches are taught to be soulless rather than being born that way. Her basic nature is not evil at all.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments As with all children, they are who they are taught to be, so I did believe what the Cochran witch said. Manon is proof of that as her nature seems to be shifting. I did not once think about male witches. Weird...

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Melissa wrote: "I did not once think about male witches. Weird..."

The fact that the witches are all female and warriors made me think of the Amazons from Greek mythology. They kept the male children for breeding...

message 6: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments Melissa wrote: "As with all children, they are who they are taught to be, so I did believe what the Cochran witch said. Manon is proof of that as her nature seems to be shifting. I did not once think about male wi..."

I think the same and also didnt think about the male witches.