2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Heir of Fire > Question B

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited Jul 10, 2018 04:24AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments At the beginning of the book, Celaena is drowning her sorrows and feeling very sorry for herself. Where you surprised by her actions at this point in the story? Are her feelings at this point justified?

message 2: by Christina T (last edited Jul 17, 2018 03:49PM) (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments To a point her actions are justified. I could see her at rock bottom but she has such a self loathing about her I quickly got tired of the self punishment she continued to do.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I didn't really understand why she was so down in the dumps. Was it just because she saw how popular Galen Ashryver was? Her reaction seemed extreme.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I think it all comes down to how self-centered Celaena is. It always seems to be about her. Something she did or didn't do. But...it's also helping her see things from different perspectives. She's thinking more instead of just reacting.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments Her ego came back in the beginning, her feelings where justified. But it didn't feel completely right, I thought she grew in the last book, but now she went back quite a few steps in character.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I agree Melissa and Lieke.
I was her old self-absorption raising its ugly head. Perhaps readers needed to be reminded of how far she has come but also how far she still has to go, which is the focus of her story here.