What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction; narrator is having affair and grew up watching her mother do the same. Minor Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RaeDavey (new)

RaeDavey | 2 comments The narrator is an artist having an extramarital relationship with a younger man (I believe.) I can’t recall whether the husband of the narrator is aware of it or not. As well as the story of her life currently, she tells of growing up in a well-to-do neighbourhood while her mother was having an affair. As a child she would spend summer weekends at a cottage with her mother and this other man, who she loved more than she loved her father. Her father felt a great deal of anger regarding the situation, and at one point beats his daughter so severely she loses control of her bowels. I don’t solidly remember any other details about the story itself, but it has stuck with me for years. I purchased it in trade paperback around 2010/2011. The surname of the author is M or after in the alphabet, and the spine of this print was a near-pastel green.

message 3: by RaeDavey (new)

RaeDavey | 2 comments Nope, I believe the author is female. Thank you!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Aug 01, 2018 12:18PM) (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
RaeDavey, what's the time period and location - country, region, big city/small town?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - rich/poor, type of art work she does, her husband's job, how she met her lover, her lover's job, is he married, etc.?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40689 comments Mod
RaeDavey, are you still looking for this or did you find it?