The Great American Read discussion

The Little Prince
This topic is about The Little Prince
Comments - Children and YA > The Little Prince

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NancyJ, Moderator (last edited Jul 09, 2018 11:18PM) (new) - added it

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 1835 comments Mod
Share your thoughts about The Little Prince here. Please avoid discussing the ending of giving spoilers. Use the code in the section marked "(some html is ok)" to hide spoilers.

message 2: by Joy, Your Obedient Servant (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy (jammons42) | 510 comments Mod
I enjoyed reading it as an adult. I think it treats the child's perspective in the book respectfully, which made me like it more.

Debbie This is a very interesting book. Although I can't help but wonder if I'm not picking things up on a deeper level. Anyone able to explain the deeper meaning of the story?

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I dont' think this a child's book (unless that child is French). I read it and can't imagine giving it to any child I know.

Claire  | 6 comments Debbie wrote: "This is a very interesting book. Although I can't help but wonder if I'm not picking things up on a deeper level. Anyone able to explain the deeper meaning of the story?"

Life is only worth living if you have relationships with others.
Explore the outside world, explore your inner feelings,....

Not really a children’s book, but I think a YA book more, but equally delightful for adults.