Play Book Tag discussion

Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1)
This topic is about Wool Omnibus
July 2018: Dystopian > Wool / Hugh Howey. 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 9079 comments Wool / Hugh Howey
3.5 stars

I think it’s hard to give a summary for this one without giving too much away. It starts with Holston, whose wife, 3 years ago, was sent for a “cleaning”. Basically, she was suited up, and sent outside where she was meant to clean the cameras, and she never returns. It seems that anyone breaking the law is sent for a cleaning. There’s much more beyond this, but that’s where I don’t want to start giving things away.

It was good. There was a lot of tech stuff (mostly mechanical) that I wasn’t as interested in. But, it was definitely interesting and it picked up for me a little ways in, with the focus more on Juliette (except the mechanical stuff!). For some reason, I thought this was YA, but it’s not. I think I will continue the series (I read the Omnibus, which collected the 5 short stories, but there are apparently two more books beyond this one).

Charlotte | 1663 comments Yay!!! You finished!!

I think the technical part of it is why I liked it so much. My dad was a mechanical engineer and then became a boat mechanic in his retirement and with me in IT I'm use to all of the mechanical and technical speak. It's comfortable and feels like home to me. Walker (Walk) actually reminded me of my dad a bit.

I agree it was hard to write a review without giving too much away. I'm definitely continuing the series but accidentally got sucked into another series before I picked up Shift, the next in this Wool series.

LibraryCin | 9079 comments Charlotte wrote: "Yay!!! You finished!!

I think the technical part of it is why I liked it so much. My dad was a mechanical engineer and then became a boat mechanic in his retirement and with me in IT I'm use to a..."

Ah, that makes sense!

Oh, I will continue the series but it could be months (or years!) before I pick up the next one! I do too many monthly challenges and it just depends what fits for each month!