Read by Theme discussion

What We're Reading > July 2018: Set in Italy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amara, Group Creator (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments We've hit July, and our theme for the month is books set in Italy, as requested by Anne.

Remember that once you've finished your book(s) for the month, you're always welcome to start a discussion topic (which works best if there are others in the group who have read or are currently reading the book in question) or post your thoughts (or just drop a link to your review!) in the thread below.

As previously stated, 2018 will be the final year of Read by Theme. (You can read more about that in April's thread.) There will be no further group polls to determine our themes; the rest of the year's themes are to be nominated by the remaining active members. The list of upcoming themes is as follows:

nothing here; suggest something!

We currently have chosen no theme for the months of August, September, October, November, and December. Anyone who wishes to request a theme for the remaining months may do so in the thread below. If there's something you want to see, make sure to speak up while you have the chance! If nobody suggests anything by the end of July, I'll go ahead and pick something for August.

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I'm reading The Painter's Apprentice: A Novel of 16th-Century Venice by Laura Morelli. I started it on Sunday and I'm almost finished with it. This is Venice during a period of plague, so it's kind of tragic. The art aspect is unusual. The central character is a gilder.

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne | 68 comments I'm reading, actually just finished The Italian Matchmaker by Santa Montefiore, very good as all her books are that i have read. Glad to see someone else reading this month!
Italian Matchmaker Pa by SANTA MONTEFIORE (author)

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne | 68 comments I like the sound of the book that Shomeret is reading and will be adding this to my 'want to read' list.

message 5: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (flux336) | 41 comments I will be finishing up Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes I haven't read this book in years.