What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Dream Merchant
This topic is about The Dream Merchant
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Big European Children's/YA Fantasy Novel, Maybe Danish or Dutch, with Ouroboros on the Cover, About Traveling to Fantasy Realm. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (last edited Jul 09, 2018 08:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samantha (samanthan) | 30 comments This is a thick children's/YA fantasy novel. Around 500+ pages. Big hardcover. The cover is black with a door slightly ajar on it with an orange glow coming from behind it. There is an ouroboros (snake or dragon eating its tail) on the cover. It's a fantasy story about a child (I think a girl) traveling to another world, probably through the door on the cover. It's translated into English from a European language, I think either Dutch or Danish. I believe it came out between the mid-90s to mid-2000s. I read it around 2006.

message 2: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 225 comments Could it be The neverending story by Michael Ende? The main protagonist is a boy tho.
Some of the there are a lot of different bookcovers for that book. Some have an ouroboros on them and some don't. Translated to english from german.

message 3: by El (new)

El | 502 comments The Neverending Story for Luci's suggestion (which was my first thought as well when I read the heading)

Samantha (samanthan) | 30 comments Luci wrote: "Could it be The neverending story by Michael Ende? The main protagonist is a boy tho.
Some of the there are a lot of different bookcovers for that book. Some have an ouroboros on them and some don..."

It's not The Neverending Story. I have seen the movie version but never read the book. Thank you for the suggestion!

message 5: by Kris (last edited Aug 01, 2018 12:05PM) (new) - added it

Kris | 36481 comments Mod
Samantha, do any titles on the Doors, Portals, Gates list look familiar? (Many of the books probably have multiple cover images.)

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4323 comments The Dream Merchant seems to match?

Samantha (samanthan) | 30 comments Ayshe wrote: "The Dream Merchant seems to match?"

Thank you so much!!! This is it. I am so grateful to you; I've looked for this book for years.

message 8: by Dawn (new) - added it

Dawn | 17 comments Thanks! I was also trying to remember what this called. The cover is definitely familiar