WoTaLong (Wheel of Time Readalong) discussion

A Crown of Swords (The Wheel of Time, #7)
This topic is about A Crown of Swords
A Crown of Swords > July Week 2: Ch 9 - 18 Spoiler Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (Bedtime Bookworm) (last edited Jul 26, 2018 07:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jade (Bedtime Bookworm) (bedtimebookworm) | 124 comments Mod
Remember these are spoilery discussions - so stay away unless you've finished this section! Also, please keep spoilers to the things we know in this section of the book.

What are your thoughts on this section of A Crown of Swords?

Need a reminder? Here are the chapter summaries.

My favorite part: Some really good stuff happens here. I loved seeing Lan again and all these Aes Sedai bowing down to Egwene LOL. Matt spying that one dark friend and following her to Carridin was an awesome part too!

Happy reading!

Antennenwels | 17 comments In my last comment (about the last chapters of Lord of Chaos) I was wondering why Egwene didn't just go to Rand the moment she was Amyrlin and talk it out with him...well I got an explanation for that now - she's not allowed to. It feels a tiny bit like an excuse by the author ;), but I can live with it. At least Egwene would have thought of going to Rand and sort the mess out and I like that, because everything else would not have fit her character in my opinion. I initially was surprised and a tiny bit sceptical about her becoming the Amyrlin seat, but I have to say, I'm enjoying this storyline very much. The way she's playing not only the Hall but also Sheriam and her friends, and how she;s doing it together with Sian and Leane is very entertaining. I'm curious to see how this all ends and how they defeat Elaida.
On a different note, I was surprised by the chapter from Aviendha's POV. Did that happen before and I forgot it, or was it really the first one? Anyway, It was both nice and weird to read her thoughts. She was always kind of a mystery and now suddenly we see what she really thinks and feels.

Jade (Bedtime Bookworm) (bedtimebookworm) | 124 comments Mod
I agree, I would have thought Egwene would have at least considered going to Rand like you said. She is definitely doing a good job of manipulating everyone! I actually think she's a little TOO good at it, considering her inexperience. But she does receive guidance from a lot of people so I dunno!

I'm positive we've have had a chapter or two from Aviendha before but they are not common!

Scott Flicker | 107 comments I guess I wonder if Rand would have even listened to her and that point. He seems real paranoid and stubborn so far.

Well I've made it to the halfway point in the book once again not much happened.