Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Wanted for NA Romantic Comedy 50k Words

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Kingston | 5 comments I'm looking for a sanity check for my New Adult romantic comedy.

Basic plot: Weird girl meets athletic boy. Girl propositions boy to be sex tutor. They fall in love. They break up. They make up and live happily ever after. Set at college with 21-22 year old protagonists.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through at ~50k words and looking for someone to help answer a few questions with complete honesty like:
1. Are the characters relatable or annoying?
2. Is the dialogue/banter funny or confusing/over the top?
3. Are the character arcs believable?
4. Is there enough background/depth to both characters?
5. How is the overall flow of the book? Do certain parts or sections drag on? Any sections not in depth enough?
6. Any major plot holes?

Hoping to have a take from someone familiar with the romance genre.

Not a tight timeline, but looking for feedback by end of the July and finish the work by August.

Heat index is moderately high. Think L.J. Shen or R.S. Grey. Not erotica, but has a few explicit scenes. Looking for readers over 18.

If you have time and are interested, please let me know!

Thanks!

Amelia

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Peterson | 20 comments I'd be more than happy to take a look at your WIP for you. I have written a YA romance already and am currently working my way through writing two more.

If you still need another beta reader feel free to send me an email at Eric.Peterson623 @ outlook.com

Cheers!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lenox (alizarinred) | 29 comments I’d be happy to read for you. Love the genre.

message 4: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Kingston | 5 comments Eric wrote: "I'd be more than happy to take a look at your WIP for you. I have written a YA romance already and am currently working my way through writing two more.

If you still need another beta reader feel..."

Eric- draft sent. Many thanks!