What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Jealous lover tries to kill wife. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (new)

Kara  (Bellanorrigby) | 2 comments Hi fellow book lovers! I cannot think of a book title for the life of me and I raved about it to a friend recently. I read this book in 2018 so I'm going to assume it is rather new (2016-2018?)

SPOILER ALERT: Basically, this is the entire book - I believe the setting is in the UK.

Husband does not return home one night. He drives a red car (I think).

Husband cheats on wife with a bartender from a local pub and she ("lover") films it. Lover then uses this as blackmail against husband to let him move in with him and the wife.

Lover befriends the wife. She basically tries to become BEST friends with the wife (who seems like an insecure home-body). The wife buys Lover a new dress, Lover ruins wife's garden, Lover let's the cat escape, Lover tries to kill wife by putting nut-based something into a latte, Lover tells wife she looks fat/ugly in a green dress and makes her buy a black dress for husband's holiday party, Lover puts laxatives in soup for wife so Lover can go to the event with husband instead of wife...And I think it ends with Lover burning down the house with wife inside.

Wife survives, I think she gets pregnant and makes husband kiss her ass at the end to make up for him being a giant douchebag (like OBVIOUSLY, he let his LOVER live with them for months...)

Any help would be great!! Thanks so much guys!!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36561 comments Mod
Kara, what is the husband's job? The wife works at home?

What's the tone - contemporary romance, psychological thriller, etc.?

message 3: by Kara (new)

Kara  (Bellanorrigby) | 2 comments Okay so I figured it out after hours of searching the old books in my house and on my Kindle. It was not a husband and wife, but a boyfriend and a girlfriend and it was called the Sister! Thank you for your help :)

message 4: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Can you tell us who the author so we can link to the book? This helps in case anyone is looking for this book in the future.