Challenge Corner discussion

The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
This topic is about The Heart of Betrayal
Let's Buddy! - Series > The Remnant Chronicles (starting with book #2: The Heart of Betrayal) by Mary E. Pearson -> Starting July 12th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 63635 comments Mod
Held captive in the barbarian kingdom of Venda, Lia and Rafe have little chance of escape. Desperate to save Lia's life, her erstwhile assassin, Kaden, has told the Vendan Komizar that she has the gift, and the Komizar's interest in Lia is greater than anyone could have foreseen.

Meanwhile, nothing is straightforward: There's Rafe, who lied to Lia but has sacrificed his freedom to protect her; Kaden, who meant to assassinate her but has now saved her life; and the Vendans, whom Lia always believed to be savages. Now that she lives among them, however, she realizes that may be far from the truth. Wrestling with her upbringing, her gift, and her sense of self, Lia must make powerful choices that will affect her country... and her own destiny.

message 2: by Jenn (last edited Jul 13, 2018 02:02PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2475 comments The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2) by Mary E. Pearson
Chapter 1-2: Not gonna lie, I had honestly forgotten which one was the assassin and which was the prince lol. And very intrigued by the Komizar.

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2475 comments Chapters 3 -14: (view spoiler)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments 25% in book 2 (view spoiler)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2475 comments Nicole wrote: "25% in book 2 [spoilers removed]"

I agree. I also felt this way in the first book. It's a lot of talk and time passing but nothing major is happening.

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2475 comments Chapters 14-33: (view spoiler)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments 50% in (view spoiler)

75% in (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2475 comments Chapters 34-50: (view spoiler)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2475 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

@Nicole i agree with you! This book was way tok long for what happened but now i have to know what happens next

message 10: by Jenn (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2475 comments The Beauty of Darkness
Chapters 1-19: (view spoiler)

message 11: by Jenn (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2475 comments Chapters 20-36: (view spoiler)

message 12: by Jenn (last edited Jul 25, 2018 08:05AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2475 comments Chapters 37-56: (view spoiler)

Chapters 57-76: (view spoiler)

Finished: (view spoiler)