What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/ Children fantasy. Disabled(?) boy and magician girls' worlds meet

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annaliese (last edited Jul 09, 2018 10:33AM) (new)

Annaliese | 14 comments I read it in 2014, but it's probably older than that. The book opens up with the protag in a wheelchair in detention(?). Sometime after that, bullies come, but he dodges them with his wheelchair. The other protag is a girl training to be some kind of magician, but she is actually from the boy's world (and the boy is from hers) so she doesn't have magic. She has a pet that can talk. I remember a scene with talking trees and another scene where the boy transfers some of his powers to the girl. In the magic world I thiiiiink the boy is able to walk, but not in the 'real' world. It's in a series, so I might be mixing up books.

message 2: by Annaliese (new)

Annaliese | 14 comments Another detail, mostly to bump the post: the non-magical girl has a pet (maybe dragon?) and is mentored by an old man.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Annaliese ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 88 where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 4: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3292 comments Pretty sure this is Water Keep by J. Scott Savage.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Water Keep (other topics)