What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance - 3 English brides for Scottish

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Weirdredstreak (last edited Jul 10, 2018 06:36PM) (new)

Weirdredstreak | 53 comments Hi,
I can't seem to remember that much about this story but I'm hoping someone can help, I think it's all one story but i could be combining a couple of books....

I'm looking for a book where at the start 3 English brides are married to Scottish men at the same time they are either cousins or have all grown up together. This is the first book in a series of 3. All of the women are terrified and unprepared, but all end up happy with their grooms after many misunderstandings.

I believe their guardian (possibly an uncle) treated them terribly. I don't think they speak Gaelic or they hide that they speak it.

I seem to remember at least one of the brides having been beaten (but this is the part that I suspect may be part of another novel).- edit- yes this is definitely part of another novel.

Any ideas?

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danielee) | 16 comments Lynsay Sands Highland Bride Series?

message 3: by Weirdredstreak (new)

Weirdredstreak | 53 comments Unfortunately the one I’m looking for isn’t part of that series but thankyou for trying. Looking back over the request above, it looks like for some reason it didn’t properly save the edit I made... the bit about the bride being beaten before the wedding was definitely part of another books and I believe that is the part you may have been thinking of. Sorry about that I will make the necessary adjustments again.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36561 comments Mod
A long shot - Kilt Trip by L.L. Muir?

Weirdredstreak, around what year did you read this book(s)? This will help narrow down the search.

message 5: by Weirdredstreak (new)

Weirdredstreak | 53 comments unfortunately that's not it, although it does look good something to add to the pile of to-reads I already have....

I read it in the last year as an ebook. I know it wasn't newly published when i read it.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Weirdredstreak, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Kilt Trip (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

L.L. Muir (other topics)