What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA contemporary/romance, heroine has a famous mother, moves to a new school, turns pretty, meets a surfer dude

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 3 comments In around 2013, I borrowed a YA chic-lit novel from my local library about a girl who moves to a new school in California. She wasn't popular at her old school and her mother was a famous actress that had leaked nudes and other characters make fun of her because of this. When she moves, she gets a personal trainer and becomes skinny or something. She meets a surfer dude who she begins a romance with. I'm not sure if I remember this clearly but at one point she goes to a party and almost gets date-raped. The copy I read was a paperback and the cover was white with some design. It was probably published from around 2000-2010.

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin Hodgson | 51 comments Sounds a little bit like Stalk Me by Jillian Dodd, the first book in The Keatyn Chronicles: Books 1-3.

message 3: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 3 comments Erin wrote: "Sounds a little bit like Stalk Me by Jillian Dodd, the first book in The Keatyn Chronicles: Books 1-3."
Thanks for the help! Unfortunately, that's not the book I'm looking for.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Hodgson | 51 comments I'm 99% sure I've read this, so I'm going through my bookshelves. What about Band Geeks and Riptides by Monica Duddington?

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 3 comments Erin wrote: "I'm 99% sure I've read this, so I'm going through my bookshelves. What about Band Geeks and Riptides by Monica Duddington?"

Thanks again, but that's not it either. The love interest being a surfer dude isn't a big part of the plot. I think the book just mentions that he surfs.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Maybe Keeping the Moon? It's not a 100% match, but the main character does lose a significant amount of weight & has a famous mother.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36568 comments Mod
Relatively Famous by Jessica Park partly matches your description.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Crystal, are you still looking for this or did you find it?