Art Lovers discussion

Poetry > Running Fence

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1957 comments I love the Eckphrastic Review. And now there’s another of my poems up.

http://www.ekphrastic.net/the-ekphras...

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8542 comments Ruth, you are the first, well, only person who has introduced Eckphrastic poetry to me. I think it is now my favorite! And, though I don't think I know many (or any) other poets of this type, you are my favorite Eckphrastic poet! :)

In this Running Fence I especially like the last line

"...gone,
returned
to plunge
at last
into the sea.

To me, as it finishes the poem, it completes it. As in the last note of a song encompasses the whole piece to come to a finale. Just another one of your poems I have enjoyed reading.

Thank you for sharing your works with us! I look forward to what you reveal and your successes.

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1957 comments Thank you so much, Heather. I’ve written a lot of poems about art.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8542 comments I don’t think you have posted many poems about art, Ruth. Or I don’t remember reading them. I’d be interested in seeing some of those!

I always love the words you write for and about your mother. I can tell you had a close relationship to her, she was a special person and sure invoked creative and amazing poetry from her daughter!