『 Ionia 』 discussion

15 views
Wintervale > town square

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
The heart of Wintervale, bustling with people every day.


message 2: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus stormed out of the castle and into the town square, his mind racing. He didn't know what set him off. It could've been the fact that his father mentioned his brother accomplishing much more than he could ever again, or the fact that this time, his brother actually laughed. He was so upset that he had forgotten to wear a cloak, or notify the guards about where he was going. He bit his lip in frustration, trying to hold himself back from tearing up. His white hair stuck out int he crowd of people, and the blue markings on his face glowed faintly.


message 3: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
Scanning through the crowd, Kai let out a soft sigh. He grumbled slightly, wondering when the prince would show up. He tugged on the hood of his black cloak, pulling it down as far as it would go. Kai was about to give up, when he noticed the strikingly white hair that only belonged to Prince Augustus. Kai smirked slightly, his mood lifting a little bit. Kai swiftly turned on his heel and began walking through the crowd of people, just far enough that he hopefully wouldn't be seen.


message 4: by muuumew (last edited Jul 08, 2018 11:23PM) (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus maneuvered through the crowd, receiving a few murmured apologies for being in his way. He was too worked up at the moment to notice anything suspicious, but he did have his rapier at his side. He didn't think anything would happen to him. Despite being the prince, he was taught to think he wasn't that important. He eventually found himself sitting near a small pond. He had his legs bent, and his knees hugged up to his chest, with his head lowered.


message 5: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((OwO))


message 6: by soub, egg (last edited Jul 09, 2018 06:48AM) (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
((UwU))
Kai watched Augustus move through the crowd, he continued following him from a distance. He was going to try and lure him away from the crowd, perhaps into an alley. Kai picked up the pace and continued following him. Augustus stopped and sat down near a small pond. This was his chance, yet Kai couldn't seem to do anything. He sighed in frustration. Kai closed his eyes and concentrated all of his power towards Augustus. You feel a strong urge to investigate the mysterious figure he thought towards Augustus. Hopefully, his abilities would be strong enough to work from a far distance.


message 7: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus felt an odd sensation, and stood up. He rubbed his eyes, and looked around. He saw someone in the distance, and furrowed his eyebrows. Who is that? Do I know them? He thought as he walked over. The feeling had come out of no where. He didn't even notice the person at first! Augustus brought his down to the handle of his rapier just in case, but he figured it was probably just a citizen.


message 8: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
Kai smirked when he noticed that Augustus had noticed him. He spun around on his heel, and slowly broke into a run. It looked like he had stolen something, and was trying to get away before he could. Once Kai reached the entrance to one of the alleys, he slowed down. His plan was working so far, hopefully Augustus would follow him, seeing he looked incredibly suspicious. Oh well, if something went wrong, he could just run away.


message 9: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus widened his eyes as he watched the stranger run away and curiosity got the better of him. He followed after him, a frown forming on his face once more. If it was a thief, they were terrible at being lowkey. He unsheathed his rapier, and stepped into the alley that he thought he saw the stranger enter. The blue markings on his face had gone from a bright glow, to more of a dull one.


message 10: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
Kai had done it, the prince was chasing after him. He was starting to feel proud of himself, until a pang of sadness and regret hit him like a punch in the stomach. He remembered how sad Augustus looked by the pond. No. Kai needed to do this. He didn't have time to feel these things.

(sorry about length Aah)


message 11: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus held his rapier tightly, as he surveyed the area. "There's nowhere to hide, you might as well come out." He said, narrowing his eyes slightly. He walked further towards the end of the alley, to see if whoever was there was hiding behind some of the neglected boxes. He didn't see anything and frowned. Did he run somewhere else? Augustus thought, and felt like an idiot. "Damn." He mumbled.

((AWW KAI :'), and it's fine! ))


message 12: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
When Augustus entered the alley, Kai ducked around the corner, and came up behind him. He leaned against
The stone wall with his arms crossed. "Would ya look at that. The little prince has little sword drawn and everything." He hissed, venom dripping from his voice as the spoke. He had a cocky smirk plastered onto his face, although Kai was wishing he didn't have to do
This.


message 13: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus widened his eyes and turned around, only to see a male around his age. His grasp on the sword tightened as he glared at him. "Do not call me that." He said, and looked around. The alleyway was secluded, which made him somewhat nervous. A feeling of dread came across Augustus, but he brushed it off. "What do you want from me?"


message 14: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
"It's not what I want from you, It's what they do." He replied, gesturing behind Augustus. There were two
White Fang members behind him, one with a burlap sack, and the other with a rope. Kai reached up and pulled his hood back, revealing his face. He smiled coldly, as the members began to walk towards Augustus.


message 15: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Oh no..And he's hot too! Augustus thought. He took a step back, and pointed his rapier at them. "I see. Well, I'd advise you not to take a step closer. You have heard of capital punishment I presume?" Augustus threatened. Despite the cold demeanor and tough wall that he put up, he was actually terrified.

((Sorry, I had to do it))
(view spoiler)


message 16: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
"I'd AdVisE yOu nOt To TaKe A sTeP fUrTheR" Kai replied mockingly. He nodded to the men behind Augustus, a command that meant "Do it" Kai watched as his men charged at Augustus, trying to put the bag over his head and tie him up. His gaze drifted to the side, he frowned, truly not wanting to do this.


message 17: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus was out about to lash out with another insult, but quickly shut up when they advanced towards him. His markings glowed, as he felt fear ripple through him. "You're going to regret even speaking to me." He said, with his voice a bit shaky. Augustus punched one of the men in the stomach, and turned towards the other.

((Are they going to successfully kidnap him? Or should Augustus beat them up and speak to Kai?))
((*Insert spongebob meme here*))


message 18: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
((Up to you!))


message 19: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((Uhhhhhh maybe they should kidnap him? and kai has to keep watch to make sure he doesn't escape? idrkkkkk))


message 20: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
((oh Oke. Also is it okay if Kai swears a lot?))


message 21: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((we can do the other idea if you like it better! and yes, that's fine lolol))


message 22: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
(( oh no I like it!!))

Kai scoffed. "Can't you dumb asses do anything right?!" He snapped as he slowly sauntered over to Augustus. "Sleep." he hissed. Kai suddenly felt weak. He quickly leaned against the wall for support. He really needed to work on improving his abilities.


message 23: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus felt a wave of exhaustion wash over him. His eyes started to close, and he could barely stand up. He tried to fight it, but ended up dropping his rapier, and falling to the ground. Augustus wasn't prepared for the male to use magic, he had expected him to run.

((oops it's kinda short))


message 24: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
((it's fine!))

It took a few moments for Kai to regain his balance. He tries to grip the wall as best as he could, so he wouldn't slide down to the ground. Once he felt like he found stand without tipping over, Kai pushed himself off the wall. He swayed a little bit, before stumbling over to Augustus and the groaning men on the ground. "You two are really fucking useless, you know?" He snapped. "Get out of here. Now!" Barked Kai. The two men got up quickly, and ran away as fast as they could. "Oh god, I'm sorry.." He mumbled under his breath. "I really don't want to do this..."


message 25: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((Should I skip to when he wakes up?))


message 26: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
((sure! Do you want to move to a different place?))


message 27: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((Yeah! Is there a hideout that the White Fang has?))


message 28: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
Ye but its not created, I'll do that rn))


message 29: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((Okay! :D))


message 30: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((I'll post there now))


message 31: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
((Oke dokie!))


message 32: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 16, 2018 11:52AM) (new)

Yuki wandered around town humming happily in her new scarlet cloak. "I wonder what kind of people I'll meet here." she wondered outloud as she twirled her rose. She saw a crying child and gave the child the rose and a kind smile. The kid stopped crying and Yuki walked away. She twirled her other rose around she looked around at the people, pondering on who she should talk to. "Who should be my target..." she pondered out loud.


message 33: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments

Ariel tucked the stray hair that had fallen from her ponytail, turning her knuckle to brush dirt from her cheek. What was it about this place that made people want to run to it? It was no better off in this impending war than any other kingdom, and yet - it was probably all the peace talks or maybe the fact that the rebellion was said to be strong around here. Said to be. There were many ways a rebellion could go wrong, and if the stronghold fell - where would be safe for all these people? Her brow twitched as she took a bite of her apple, listening to the crunch reverberate through her mouth.

The only reason Ariel would even risk being out in the open so leisurely was to draw attention. She needed clients - just one of noble birth wasn't enough to make a journey over borders the easiest and there wasn't much fame in that. Taking a noble from one place to another was no big deal to a mercenary, but shepherding the less fortunate was another story. And she was, after all, trying to be a hero, not a mercenary.

Swallowing, she glanced around the square and watched people from her seat on a few crates, one leg up to chest and the other kicking back and forth lightly. The picture of relaxed, but not without some form of defense if the short glint on her belt was anything for the passing stranger to go by.




message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Yuki spotted Ariel and smiled. "My new target has been found!" Yuki declared happily. She walked over to the girl. "Hello! You seem interesting, would you mind letting me hang with you for a bit.?" Yuki hummed happily. A pocket watch, one that looked rather expensive, hung from her white coat. She was also wearing a red scarf that seemed rather big for her.


message 35: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments

And who was this? The smuggler eyed the black haired girl that approached her, eyes narrowed. It was clear that she was no client, and held no potential to be. And hang? Ariel scoffed, taking another bite her apple. She spoke without looking at the girl, inspecting the area her teeth had engraved into the red skin of the fruit. "No, you can't, little girl; move on."

She didn't want company. She wanted work, and this girl wasn't it. Her big expensive watch would only be useful to someone looking to take it from her; no use to the smuggler. Ariel took another bite of her apple, waiting for the girl to hop along to whoever else might humor her. Because she would not be the one to.




message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 16, 2018 08:34PM) (new)

"Clearly your not talking to me, because i'm nearly an adult, not a child. So i shall stay." Yuki said. She inspected Ariel for a moment. "This town is not really all that great is it? I mean, if the leader of this white fang has even a lick of sense, this place could be attacked at any moment, a whole war breaking out. Don't you agree, Miss?" Yuki said. She stretched and sat on the ground. A few stray cats came over to her and a baby black cat climbed her head. "Hey Miss. Is there anyway you can scare these cats away...? They're really annoying." She said, trying to shoo away the cat attacking her scarf.


message 37: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments ( how does she know she’s a smuggler? )


message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

((oops. I slipped up there, i'll edit it.))


message 39: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 90 comments

"No - I'm talking to you, pipsqueak. Find someone else to play with; I'm not in the mood." Without further ado, she returned her attention to her apple. If the girl would not leave, she would simply ignore her. One of the stray cats, seemingly appearing from nowhere - this wasn't exactly the best place to acquire food for a stray animal, but stranger things had happened, Ariel supposed - seemed intent on claiming her attention. Unlike with the girl, the smuggler would gladly give it.

Lifting one by the scruff of its neck and settling it onto her lap, Ariel continued to ignore the girl. Petting the sleek fur, she took another bite of her apple before offering it to the animal, who sniffed at it curiously.




message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Yuki took off her scarf and placed it neatly in her bag. "Hey, Miss? What do you do for a living?" Yuki asked. She took the kitten off her head and took out some bread and gave it to the cats. Yuki was content on talking to Ariel and wasn't planning on leaving her alone anytime soon. "Oh yeah. I forgot to Introduce myself. I'm Yuki, It's nice to meet you Miss." Yuki said, introducing herself.


back to top