『 Ionia 』 discussion

Wintervale > wintervale castle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
Where the Wintervale royal family resides.

message 2: by soub, egg (new)

Kai followed Augustus into the castle. He was quite surprised that none of the guards recognized him. As they entered the throne room, Kai began wondering and hoping if this plan would work. He waited patiently when Augustus went to hug his mother. When the king made the little remark, Kai shot a nasty glare at him, although it wasn't noticeable. Kai was going to stay quiet unless either of them asked any questions. He let Augustus do the speaking, not wanting to jeopardize anything by saying the wrong thing.

message 3: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments His mother raised an eyebrow, noticing Augustus's nervousness. She gave him a look that said talk to me later, and turned towards the king. "Do you see anything wrong with it? He clearly has the capability of protecting our son." She said, and looked at Kai. She smiled softly at him, which was soon replaced with a knowing look. Augustus had seemed a lot happier than usual when he stepped foot in the castle, and his mother was glad. "What's your name. Is there a reason you want to be his bodyguard?" The king finally spoke up, sending a cold look towards Kai.

message 4: by soub, egg (last edited Jul 12, 2018 11:44AM) (new)

It seemed like the Queen was totally on board with the idea. All seemed to be going well until the king asked for his name. Kai didn't technically have a last name, so he quickly went with his mother's first name. "Kaito Azami. I would like to protect your son, and I believe I have been doing an exceptional job already, seeing that he is here, alive and unscathed."

message 5: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus grinned at Kai, and looked at both of his parents. His mother was smiling. "I approve of it." She said, but his father's expression didn't change. "Sero (his brother) needs a bodyguard." His father said. "But, I don't trust you enough, so go ahead and do what you will. It's not like Augustus will become the king with his brother in front of him." Augustus widened his eyes in shock, he was utterly speechless. "I-I wow." Augustus said and turned around. "C'mon, let's get out of her." He said, and stormed off.

((oooof the wording is so weird but basically i meant to have his father say that if kai was dangerous, it would be fine for augustus to be harmed rather than his brother))

message 6: by soub, egg (new)

((poor Augustus ;A;))

Kai smiled when Augustus's mother approved. His whole demeanor changed when his father spoke. Kai scoffed at this. "You know what, screw this. Screw you and your son! Augustus is an amazing person, and he would be an incredible king. But obviously, you're too stupid to see that. Whatever." he snapped, turning around so he could chase after Augustus. Did Kai have a death wish? probably. Should he have called the King stupid? No. But he did it anyway.

message 7: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments The king looked furious when the two boys left. He was about to call a guard to seize the male, until his wife spoke up for once. "Can't you just let Augustus be happy?! It isn't his fault he was born after Sero! Why are you so horrible towards him!" She seemed shocked at herself for speaking up, and when her husband stayed silent, she simply turned and walked away as well.

Augustus didn't go very far. In fact, he had stopped and sat down near the front of the castle. He was tugging at the long grass that had been growing. "I should've just stayed at their hideout." He mumbled to himself. He wondered why his mother married his father. She would've been perfect as the queen without him.

message 8: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((^^))

message 9: by soub, egg (new)

((Aaah sorry, I had like half of a response written))

Kai ran over to Augustus. He dropped down next to him, frowning. "Hey, Don't say stuff like that. I don't know much about how parents are supposed to treat their children, but that sure as hell wasn't okay." said Kai, trying to make Augustus feel better. "If you want, I-I can go talk to him?" asked Kai. He was probably already on the King's shit list, so what more damage could yelling at him possibly do?

message 10: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((It's fine!))

Augustus looked at him and shrugged. "Don't..Just stay here with me. Please." He said. A faint rose color dusted his cheeks, as he went back to pulling at the grass. "I'm sorry you had to hear all that." Augustus sincerely apologized. Most people didn't know about how the king treated his family, so it must've been a surprise.

message 11: by soub, egg (new)

Kai nodded. "I will, for as long as you'd like," he said reassuringly. Using his working arm, Kai reached over and gave Augustus a half hug. He winced slightly while moving over, but Kai shook it off. "Don't apologize. It's not your fault that he's a cruel man."

message 12: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus smiled slightly. "Thank you. We should get you some medical assistance...I got a little too worked up and forgot.." He said, but didn't make a move. He liked being in this somewhat awkward half hug.

message 13: by soub, egg (new)

Kai shook his head. "I'm fine, we can still sit here if you'd like!" he said, not wanting Augustus to have to get up. Kai didn't want to move, but he didn't want to make it awkward either.

message 14: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus moved away from Kai, and laid down on the grass. "Look, there are a few stars out!" He said, and smiled. He really wondered why Kai was okay sitting there through the pain. "Just a quick warning, I might be a bit of a handful!" Augustus said, and chuckled a bit. He was trying to lighten the mood. What surprised him the most was the fact that Kai was willing to argue with the king for him.

message 15: by soub, egg (new)

Kai gazed up into the vast sky, looking around for the stars that Augustus had spoken of. He chuckled softly. "That's alright, I'm quite the handful as well!" For once in his life, Kai felt real happiness. It was an odd feeling, definitely something he could get used to.

message 16: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus smiled, and pointed out a few stars. They were shining dully, but that didn't mean they weren't there! "Good to know." He replied, an yawned softly. The insecure part of Augustus couldn't help but wonder if this was all fake, if Kai was pretending to be happy. He shook off the negative thoughts he had, and looked at Kai again. "Shall we go to the clinic for your shoulder now?" Augustus asked.

message 17: by soub, egg (new)

"I guess," he said, shrugging, using his right shoulder instead of both. Kai pressed his hand against the ground, using it for support as he went to push himself up off of the ground. Kai pushed himself up, swaying slightly as he stood up. It was just the exhaustion, he hadn't slept much in the past few days.

message 18: by muuumew (last edited Jul 13, 2018 09:17AM) (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus led the way to the clinic, and knocked on the door. It opened, revealing a woman with silver hair tied up into a very tight bun. "Hello Prince Augustus, what can I do for you?" She asked, and Augustus moved to the side. "Can you help him with his shoulder?" Augustus asked. The woman looked at Kai, and led him to a cot. "What happened?" She asked, and Augustus sighed. "He saved me, and ended up getting himself injured.."

message 19: by soub, egg (new)

Kai followed Augustus towards the clinic, entering the room with him. Kai nodded when Augustus was explaining what had happened to him. "I got shot in the shoulder, with an arrow," he replied calmly. Kai gestured to the wound, which had appeared to have stopped bleeding.

message 20: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus sat down on one of the chairs and fiddled with the hem of his shirt. To say he was nervous was an understatement. The nurse stepped away to get some actual gauze, some supplies to clean the wound, and a needle. She looked from Augustus to Kai, and then at the supplies she had gathered. "This may hurt a bit, would you like to hold something?"

((i don't know if people get stitches for arrow wounds??))

message 21: by soub, egg (last edited Jul 13, 2018 02:59PM) (new)

((Oof I honestly have no idea))

Kai shook his head, "I'll be alright.." he replied. "Oh, do I need to take this off?" he asked, tugging at his shirt. He just thought it would help, since the arrow did go through his shoulder, and it would provide for better access to the wound.

message 22: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments "Yes, you do." The nurse said, and helped him with the shirt. Straining the wound would only make it worse. Augustus widened his eyes slightly, and turned away. He wouldn't allow himself to blush. The nurse gave a knowing smirk and got to work with cleaning the wound. Augustus glanced at the two of them (mostly Kai), and didn't notice that his gaze was lingering.

message 23: by soub, egg (new)

Kai inhaled sharply when the nurse removed his shiet, mostly because it had brushed against the wound. When Kai was done, he noticed the nurse's smirk, which he mentally questioned. Kai's gaze trailed over to Augustus, and noticed his stare. He blushed slightly and looked to the other side.

message 24: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus looked down at his hands, and picked at his fingernails. Ugh, that was embarrassing. He thought, as he stood up. "Um- I'm going to go get some water." Augustus said quickly, and the nurse nodded. "There's probably a servant somewhere in the hall, August." She said, using his nickname. He smiled slightly and nodded when she dropped the formalities.

((i'm going to make her more of a father parent figure for him))

message 25: by soub, egg (new)

((ooh good idea!))

Kai waited for Augustus to leave the room. "Hey, while he's gone..could I ask some questions about him?" asked Kai. Augustus and the Nurse seemed close, she dropped the formalities for him, and Augustus seemed to like that. Kai hoped he could get some information.

message 26: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus wandered through the hallways looking for someone. He wanted some time to chill so he eventually decided to go to the kitchen and get it himself. "Hm, I don't see why not. As long as they aren't too personal." The nurse replied, and smiled again. "Some things you'll have to wait and have August tell you himself, but I don't mind answering some questions."

message 27: by soub, egg (new)

"Oh alright..uh...let me think," said Kai, as he began racking his brain for questions. "Uh, so he doesn't mind being called August?" asked Kai. Maybe Kai could start calling him that? Maybe not. It was just a thought.

message 28: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments The nurse finished cleaning his wound, and moved onto the gauze. "Well, he thinks 'Augustus' is too stuffy, so he let's people close to him call him August. I'm sure he'd be fine with you doing the same." She replied and chuckled. Augustus stepped into the kitchen and looked for a glass. He frowned slightly, as most of them were ridiculously fancy.

message 29: by soub, egg (new)

Kai winced slightly, but shook it off, reminding himself that he has had much, much worse. "Thank you," he began. "Uh, I'm not exactly sure if this is too personal..but..why does the king treat him so badly?" asked Kai. He already despised the king.

message 30: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments "I don't think you've met August's older brother Prince Sero, but he will be the king someday because he's older. He shouldn't treat August so bad, but he does because of it." The nurse said and shook her head. "It's despicable." She added, and started to bandage the wound.

message 31: by soub, egg (new)

"I haven't been here too long, so I've only witnessed a little bit of it. But just between you and I, I already despise the king. August-" he began, realizing he used the nickname, "Doesn't deserve that mistreatment." Kai thought of another question to ask. "What's August and Sero's relationship?"

message 32: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments The nurse wrapped up his wound tightly, and then sat down at her desk, facing Kai. "That's understandable..And you're right. He doesn't, but he seems a lot happier with you around, so I hope that lasts." She said, and rearranged a few things on her desk as she spoke. "Their relationship is on and off, but I think something happened between the two of them recently. I think it might've been yesterday, but he stormed out of the castle in tears for some reason." The nurse explained. "And that was during a meeting his father was in, so I can only assume it was something involving Prince Sero."

((he stormed out before he went to the little lake thingy and got kidnapped))

message 33: by soub, egg (new)

Kai smiled. "I don't plan on leaving," he replied. Kai felt terrible. He most likely made August's day even worse by doing what he did yesterday. "It must have been, August seemed upset yesterday." said Kai, but quickly wanted to change the subject. He didn't know how he could ever make it up to August.

message 34: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments The nurse nodded and looked up when she heard a knock on the door. "Come in." She said, and Augustus stepped in. "Sorry I took so long. I ended up just going to the kitchen myself." He said with a smile. He looked at Kai, and then back at the nurse who seemed to be talking. "Did I interrupt something?" He asked.

message 35: by soub, egg (new)

"Oh- Uh..No, you're fine." he said. Kai grabbed his shirt, and tried to put it on with one arm. He ended up getting it stuck on his head, and when he was finally able to pull it over, his hair had become poofy, sticking up at odd angles due to the fabric rubbing against his hair.

message 36: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Augustus laughed a little bit once he saw Kai's hair. "That's a great look for you." He said and picked up one of the nurse's mirrors to show him. Augustus looked at the nurse. "Thank you very much." He said to her, and then turned to Kai. "Shall we go do something else now?" Augustus asked.

message 37: by soub, egg (new)

Kai grumbled and ran his hands through his hair. It wasn't working, so he decided to tie it into a small ponytail. "Ah, yes, thank you!" he said to the nurse. "Sure, what would you like to do?" asked Kai.

message 38: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments The nurse waved them goodbye. When they got into the hallway, Augustus started thinking. "Hm, well it's kind of late. Are you tired?" He asked. He could show Kai to his room, which was lot nicer than the normal palace guard's rooms. Because Kai is his personal guard, his room is a lot closer, as well as nicer.

message 39: by soub, egg (new)

"No, I'm alright." he lied. Kai then stifled a yawn. He was indeed tired, but his job was protecting August, and he couldn't do that if he was sleeping. Kai didn't want to mess it up, this might have been his only chance at a better job, and he didn't want to mess anything up with August either.

message 40: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments "You don't sound alright." August said and giggled a little. "You can't perform well as a bodyguard if you're half asleep!" He joked, although it was the truth. August had a small smile on his face, as they walked. "If you insist that you're not tired, then let's figure out something to do. Do you wanna play a game or something?"

message 41: by soub, egg (new)

Kai’s face lit up at the mention of a game. “What game?” He asked. Kai insisted on staying awake, he could sleep later. Kai stifled another yawn, and scratched the back of his head.

((Ugh sorry, it’s bad))

message 42: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((it's not bad!))

"Oh um..let's play a simple game of tag or something! We can add a twist or something to make it more interesting. Maybe something like..if the tagger gives up, there's a penalty?" August asked, making a suggestion. "We could always play something else if you don't like that though."

message 43: by soub, egg (new)

“That sounds fun, what should the penalty be?” Asked Kai, eager to find out. Of course, if August had asked him, he would have a hard time thinking of something that wasn’t painful or anything. Kai was just used to thinking like that. He rocked on his feet slightly, waiting for August to reply.

message 44: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments August crossed his arms as he thought about it. "Maybe we can make a gross drink in the kitchen? So whoever loses has to drink it?" He asked, unable to really think of anything else. He was about to ask if Kai was ticklish- but one, that'd be kind of weird, and two, he didn't want Kai to strain his shoulder if they did use it as a punishment.

message 45: by soub, egg (new)

A devilish grin spread across Kai's face. He chuckled softly, "That sounds great, be prepared to lose~" he replied, before tapping August on the shoulder. Kai spun around on his heel, and began swiftly running in the other direction.

message 46: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments August gasped, and jumped up. "Hey! I'm not going to lose to you!" He shouted, and chased after him. He almost tripped on his own feet, but caught himself and continued to run after Kai. He was grinning brightly.

message 47: by soub, egg (new)

"You can't catch me!" he shouted, running faster. Kai laughed like a small child as he quickly turned a corner, running down a long hallway. Kai had no idea that it was a dead end, so he kept running as fast as he could, trying not to trip.

message 48: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments August grinned evilly. He knew the kingdom's corridors like the back of the his hand. He slowed down a bit, and eventually found Kai standing in the hallway. "You're it!!" He shouted, tagged him, and quickly turned around to run off.

message 49: by soub, egg (new)

"Augh!" he exclaimed as he was tagged. Kai spun around and began charging after August. He tried so hard not to trip, but Kai slipped on the carpet and went tumbling forwards onto the floor.

((kai is me lol))

message 50: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((lolol))

August turned his head only to see Kai fall. He burst out into laughter, but when he stayed on the ground, he felt worried. August ran over. "Hey, are you okay? I trip on the carpet a lot too." He admitted. He hoped Kai's shoulder wasn't in pain or anything.

« previous 1 3