Paul Reads Book Club discussion

The Outsider > Overall Thought's On Stephen King's The Outsiders.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul | 108 comments Mod
here is where you can talk about your overall thoughts on the book

Yankee Southerner Reads   (paulsreadingretreat) Just got done with the first part (Arrest) it kept me wanting more of the story I didn't want to stop.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul | 108 comments Mod
Ok just finished this book and I loved it. It's a 5 star stephen king book for me. Can't wait to set up the discussion questions for our live show and discussion here. Sorry I didn't comment as much chapter by chapter on this thing but this was my 1st book club so hopefully I can make this club more buddy read like during the month as well in the future.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (musingsofacat) I didn't realize this was a series until after I finished it. I wish I had read them in order but oh well. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Holly in the previous books as she was probably my favorite character.
Overall I loved the book. I've heard people say that Stephen King doesn't do the best endings, and while I thought this one was good, I can see where they're coming from. The beginning was really really good but once we hit the point of 'this is definitely supernatural' it just coasted for me. Still loved it though.

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (musingsofacat) I did a review here if anybody is interested :)
https://youtu.be/BiXVvQ2qNUo