Addermire Institute (Semi-Advanced) discussion

Addermire > | main gymnasium - classroom

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 1501 comments Mod
description

- p.e. taught by derek hale

message 2: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

(view spoiler)

Derek didn't know if she had noticed or not and now he was a bit apprehensive in telling her, seeing as she was clearly of sun influence and he was of moon. He knew that there was still a bit of stigma against those born under the darker influences. And if he were being honest with himself, he didn't mind her company, he didn't want her to leave, she was very... interesting.

"... My pack" he explained, glancing down at his desk and noticing a crudely drawn dick had been carved into the wood. No doubt it was Antoni's work. Though Derek knew if he mentioned anything to the kid he'd get a shrug, a laugh or something in between, "I'm alpha" he added, watching her expectantly.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Re-situating a stack of papers and pushing some folders covered in-ketchup?-away, Leila tilted her head enough so that her hazel eyes could flick over to the coach.

But at the word "pack", her interest was sparked. Leaning forward, eyes wide and sparked with curiosity, Leila smiled, "That's amazing! So 'your boys' is your pack-that's... Amazing! I've read and met many werewolves of all shapes an sizes, have a few in my class, but never met an alpha with his own pack."

message 4: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek raised his brow at her words, glancing back towards the class and noticing they were still occupied with the daily activities. He had nowhere to go anyways. So he nodded, ".. Dire wolf" he explained, his expression softening faintly. He hadn't expected her to react so positively. Typically people shied away from him when he mentioned things like that, typically he shied away from people actually. But she seemed nice enough.

"My boys are..." he sighed at the carving, running his finger over it and glancing at empty soda cans, "... A damn mess" he added, shaking his head in disapproval.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"Dire wolf, dire wolf... I have a few books on dire wolves-none from the lycans themselves, but most people only know that dire wolves are larger than the typical werewolf and usually lead packs.... Like you yourself," Leila, now fairly intrigued, continued to walk around the room and clean up the mess ((she's a very active young lady))

Glancing at the carving, Leila felt a small smirk twist her lips up in mirth. "I can see that," the woman chuckled, sliding the pen into her small purse-right next to her inhaler-and gathering up some cans. Dropping them on a-somewhat-clean place on Derek's desk, the brunette set to work on stacking the cans... Into a pyramid. "So, were you bitten or...?"

message 6: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek watched her, almost perplexed by her cleanliness. But it was refreshing, seeing as he despised cleaning and constantly bickered to his pack about cleaning up after themselves. He didn't have the time or patience for that kind of thing.

Her question made him pause and he shifted awkwardly, "... Bitten" he spoke, his voice just a bit lower. It wasn't a sore subject, just an uncomfortable one. He'd been very small at the time, only a few years old in fact, his father had died in the process, his mother had raised him single handedly. He'd always admired her for that. "... Long story." he added, clearing his throat to prevent any cracks in his words.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Pausing in her building of an aluminum can-made pyramid, Leila's eyes turned towards the werewolf. "Oh, of course-another time, then?" The young woman murmured quietly, not wanting to push him away-he didn't seem like the most outgoing person, and Leila was fascinated and attracted by this man. "Well, I'm a white witch-from a long line of dark sorcerers and dark witches. You could say I'm a bit of an oddity," laughing, Leila rolled her shoulders and let out a small sigh, "I don't remember my family, other people remember them, though..."

message 8: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek nodded slowly as he listened to her, sitting down on the edge of the desk and eyeing her creation, clearly a little bit impressed. His eyes trailed over her for a moment rather conspicuously, he'd never really been the subtle type though... "Why don't you remember em?" he asked.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Leila slowed in her work, and though she never thought this to be an emotional topic... She still found herself at a loss for words. "I... Suppose... I suppose I was raised by Larry so much that I never thought much about my real parents-huh..."

message 10: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek noticed the change in her scent and the way she tensed up when she spoke. He raised his brows, not knowing why it bothered him so much. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to.." he never apologized, he stared at her, perplexed. She really was a magical woman.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Immediately Leila transformed from uncertain and worried to relaxed and carefree, "Hah, no, no it's fine. I was raised by a gryphon up until... Ten or eleven, and then my House raised me up until now! I'm just not used to thinking about my actual parents, you know?" Ducking under the table to grab one last can, the short young woman carefully placed it at the tippy-top of the can pyramid. After that was done, Leila leaned back to admire her work.

message 12: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek admired her work too, nodding faintly, "... it's nice. The boys'll probably knock it down" he warned. He wouldn't let them. He'd build it back up himself if he had to.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Leila grinned, amusement written all over her face. "Oh, let them, it's okay." Turning to face Derek completely, "Well... Thank you for the pen..." Walking forward so that she was face to... Actually, no, Leila was only tall enough to reach Derek's chest, which left her with the only option-craning her neck up and make herself feel shorter than she already knew she was. "If you ever need help around here, my door is always open."

So, if this was her way of saying "bye, see ya later"... Why wasn't she moving? Leila wondered, distantly, if she was having a panic attack. No... Panic attacks would be worse than this. Pausing in her action, Leila grabbed a piece of paper from the desk and flipped it over. Scribbling in a neat little mix of cursive and manuscript her classroom number, "If you need to find my classroom."

((I don't know if we should continue the roleplay or start up a new one and place it in a different place/time))

message 14: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

<< psh they could meet up in the teacher's lounge a week later and he could ask her on a real date, i could go post first >>

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

((ooh, yes!))

message 16: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

The staff meeting had been intense to say the least. Even though Derek had kept mostly quiet, for his own sake, his blood was still boiling and his senses were on high alert. The class still had twenty minutes left, he'd left it to be supervised by Elio, who really just did what Derek usually did - stood in the corner and made sure no one left the class.

He could clearly see the shift, not just in the moon children, but the shade, the sun, he could see them all on edge, looking around and over their shoulders. Paranoia. It was only minor, most of them weren't taking it too seriously, though some had stopped to chat about it. He expected it to get worse as time went on though, these kinds of things always got progressively worse.

message 17: by kaya, true neutral (new)

kaya (ananats) | 307 comments Mod

Rune was a reasonable actor. He could, at least, mimic the paranoia of the other students — though it wasn't entirely acting. Scared wolves were unpredictable — and there were quite a few werewolves in the class — and he hated unpredictability. It was a nice trait in someone he was trying to flirt with, maybe, but in a target? Not so much.

He hated PE. It taught them no practical skills that could not also be taught by learning to defend oneself, and today it directly inconvenienced him — and they weren't even actually getting taught by the teacher himself (not that they ever really learned anything, but it was the pretense that counted). He wanted to go into the city, track down some people and get useful information that would allow the plan to progress — but instead he had to stay here and pretend to care.

Unless... He slipped away from the main group of people, heading towards the door and hoping that Mr Hale wouldn't notice — although if he did it would be entertaining to see just how much the tremor had affected him. A simple lie about going to refill his drink bottle was already waiting on his tongue, half a dozen other lies waiting behind it.

message 18: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek hadn't quiet noticed at first, clearly distracted. His thoughts kept swerving from one thing to the next. Leila wouldn't want him to even consider joining Defacto. But the more and more he contemplated it, the more he realized he could sympathize with their cause. It was unsettling. He couldn't tell if he was afraid of what they were for - or if he was afraid that he was okay with what they were for.

"Hey!" he spoke up when he finally noticed, approaching and shoving his hands in his pockets, "Class isn't over." he said firmly, staring down at Rune. His expression wasn't as hardened as it usually was though. It was almost... perplexed.

message 19: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune smiled inwardly. It was clear, just from a glance, that the teacher had been greatly affected by the tremor. "I'm just going to fill my water bottle," he replied evenly, turning to meet his eyes, the picture of innocence. It would have been nice to get out without being noticed, but he was in the mood to toy with people.

"Should you be here, sir? You don't look well," he added, a look of concern on his face — however false it might be. Rune thought for a few seconds — who could he ask to initiate a conversation with the teacher and let him question his beliefs? The man looked shaken and unfocused, which was the perfect state to be manipulated. He'd known that Chaos was powerful, but he hadn't realised that he could have this much of an effect on people.

message 20: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek blinked faintly at the comment, opening his mouth to speak and quickly stopping himself before he had a chance to snap at the student. He had to remind himself that everyone else was just as on edge as he was. His canines were still out from the earlier confrontation, he couldn't quite put them away.

"I look fine. You can wait to fill your water bottle. Class is almost over." he said firmly, though his voice wavered as he spoke.

message 21: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune raised an eyebrow. "There's twenty minutes left, that's hardly almost over in a student's eyes. I'm thirsty, and my drink bottle is empty. It will take me at most five minutes to go, refill it, and come back. Surely, sir, I'm not such an irresponsible student that you don't trust me?" He let himself smile slightly, as though encouraging the teacher to have more faith in him. Five minutes would be ample time to get out of the school grounds — and if it wasn't, well they could search the grounds for him, but there were plenty of places a snake could hide quite easily and never be found. He'd even found carcasses there, sometimes, from dead snakes — or, he assumed they weren't from nagas. There'd probably be a big fuss made if a student disappeared.

He was clearly very unsettled — Rune caught a glimpse of wolf-like canines as he spoke. "Sir, I really don't think you're well enough to be here. Elio's doing fine at watching us, I'm sure it wouldn't matter if you just left to go rest, and it would do you good." He didn't want to push too much, lest he annoy the teacher to the point of not being allowed to leave, but a distracted target was easier to win over than a focused one, and if this could just... set him a little more on edge, it would help immensely — though Rune wasn't sure whether the annoying, a fear of appearing weak, or having time to think would be the most beneficial to his motives. With luck, he could achieve all three.

message 22: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

"I don't trust you" Derek said rather bluntly as he folded his arms and shifted uncomfortably, "And considering the state of the school right now, I shouldn't have to explain why. You'll stay here until class ends. That's when I'm allowed to let you leave" he stood his ground, glancing at the other students and suddenly his voice went a little low.

"Why do you want to leave, really?" he asked. He usually let people skip the class, he had other responsibilities at this school, like his pack and coaching the lacrosse team. P.E. was more or less a filler class. "What's so important that you've gotta skip?" he narrowed his eyes expectantly.

message 23: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune sighed impatiently. This was proving to be harder than he'd thought. "I already told you. I'm getting water, because I'm thirsty and my water bottle is empty. I have a headache, and I'd like it to go away. Why must there be more to it? Literally all I want to do is get water. Stop assigning hidden motives to everything." He could have come up with another lie, but it was easier to play the role of the diligent student under unfair suspicion. Besides, another lie would take too long to construct, if it was to be foolproof. "I've held off for as long as possible, but I really can't make it through the rest of the class without water." At this point, he was on the verge of getting a headache anyway, from dealing with this roadblock. His stubbornness was becoming irritating, and Rune had half a mind just to make a run for it. Hide in a pipe or something. But given the mood of the school, running would generate immediate suspicion. He wished it was possible, though. Running and hiding was fun. Particularly when he could slip through their fingers and stab them in the back, easily gaining the upper hand. But he needed to remain unsuspicious to the teachers.

message 24: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek tilted his head in the direction of his office and shrugged, "There's a water fountain in my office, and in the lockerroom. That's why I'm "assigning hidden motives." Nice try." he retorted, watching him and gesturing towards the office door, "I could even show you the way if you want" he offered sarcastically.

message 25: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune shook his head. "That water tastes different, it's gross. I've tried drinking it before, it makes me feel sick." He'd been waiting for that attack, and he'd had this excuse lined up before he'd started moving. The best part was, it wasn't entirely a lie — the water did make him feel sick at times, the lingering taste of whatever it had been stored in still evident to him with his heightened sense of taste. "Seriously, sir, can you just believe me. Why would I be going anywhere else with an empty water bottle? I don't need people staring at me. And not showing up again after saying it'd only take me five minutes? Really, if I was going to skip I just wouldn't have shown up." Only, he was planning to do exactly what he'd just pointed out the flaws in — because they had no way of hunting him down. He could just not come back to school. Although he had another plan, one that enabled him to return, a slightly altered version of his own venom that could actually get him sick — when he returned, he could fill his bottle with water, add some of that, and then pretend that was the reason he hadn't returned. At most, he guessed that he had twenty minutes before they would find the tap that he preferred to use — an advantage of having few friends at the school, there was nobody to rat him out. It would keep him out of the picture for a few days, but he'd still be here for the important things.

message 26: by kaya, true neutral (new)

psst

message 27: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (last edited Jul 19, 2018 10:18PM) (new)

Derek stared at him still and didn't falter, rolling his eyes. "Nope." he said simply, "I don't understand why this is such an inconvenience to you, it's not like any of you actually move around enough to need water. Can't you just go sit the hell down and complain about being here like the rest of the assholes in this class?" he snapped, blinking faintly and swallowing, "... I... didn't..." he took a deep breath, running a hand through his hair, "Look kid I really can't let you" he said firmly.

message 28: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune huffed. "Not moving around just makes you less thirsty, not not thirsty at all, not that you would actually be able to tell how thirsty any of us are. Different people's bodies work differently. And I forgot to fill it up this morning, so I haven't actually had water all day." He was hardly even acting anymore — the teacher's refusal to listen was getting very frustrating. "Why can't you let me?" he asked, tone changing slightly to become that of curiosity. He was interested now — was it a new rule that had been brought into effect after the tremor, or was it simply Mr Hale's insufferably stubborn attitude? Rune was going to be late at this rate. "It's not as though I'd be missing out on anything important."

message 29: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek shook his head, furrowing his brows, "I just can't okay? I cannot. Not until this all blows over so just- jesus keep your voice down okay?" he glanced at the others, Elio was climbing up to the top of the closed bleachers, distracting a lot of the other kids. He was going to get himself killed one of these days.

"It's not safe" he muttered quietly, "Not for anyone, it's better to stick to the schedules and stay out of trouble"

message 30: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune narrowed his eyes. "Until what blows over?" He guessed that it was the tremor, but there might be something more to it — and with how late he was going to be if the teacher didn't cave soon, he'd need some meaningful information to bring with him. "Sir, please. I swear if I'm not back in five minutes you can send a search party out to murder me for lying to you. I'm literally only going to fill up my water bottle." At the last sentence, his voice cracked slightly — all an act, of course, but did the other know that? Rune wished he'd just skipped the class altogether under the pretense of not feeling well — but no, he'd made the mistake of being too curious, and now he couldn't just slip away. "Please."

message 31: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek immediately felt uncomfortable, sighing heavily, "You felt it too, everyone felt it, and until it blows over I have to follow the school guidelines - no walking through the halls during classtime. Just... Jesus kid just chill the hell out for... ten more minutes" he checked the clock, furrowing his brows and struggling still to put his canines away.

message 32: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune frowned. "I thought that was just an earthquake. I remember the lead-up to the earthquake back home just before I left — everyone was acting weird then, too." Honestly, if it wasn't for his involvement with Defacto, he probably would have dismissed it as an earthquake. Rune had never been particularly in-tune with magic beyond his own. He had no uses for it. He groaned, flopping his head back slightly as though he was tired. "Please, sir. Nobody follows that rule even if there's some serious thing going on. And it's not like they'll blame you for letting me go out of class." Note to self: never try to manipulate Mr Hale, he's too stubborn.

message 33: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

"Yes. They will." Derek pointed out, "But that doesn't matter. You're not goin out until that bell rings, that's damn final" he barked - almost literally. He was clearly frustrated, and not just at Rune, but there was something else there, a serious conflict - it was like Rune had walked in on some kind of argument.

message 34: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune flinched backwards instinctively. He'd never liked werewolves much — they always reminded him a little too much of the dogs on the farm next to his family's, one of which had bit him when he was a child. He felt no need to act now — all he had to do was acknowledge his fear. "Okay, sir," he mumbled, eyes downcast. He had a feeling that there was more to the teacher's anger than simply frustration with Rune, but he no longer felt safe enough to pry. He'd pushed too far, and given how angry the man was even before Rune started prodding, he'd rather not anger him any more. Manipulation didn't work on everyone, and he'd rather make it to the meeting alive without information than not at all.

message 35: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek blinked at his reaction, the submission in his voice. No. The last thing he wanted was people being afraid of him. He wasn't scary, was he? He wasn't a monster. He wasn't cursed or diseased - why did everyone think he was a monster? He'd never killed a man in his life, he'd never hurt a single person, never been in a fight he'd started, he'd been as good as he ever could have been and yet by merely existing he was something to be afraid of. "Wait no- kid I..." he stepped back, staring away and balling his hands into fists.

message 36: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune almost grinned — almost. He was insecure, was he? That would make things easier in the future. "What did you want to say, sir?" he asked, voice still wavering slightly, still staring at his feet. So he didn't like to intimidate people, but he also disliked having his authority questioned. A dangerous combination — and a useful person to get on their side. The only question was how — and this was precisely why Rune left the recruitment to other people. He was good at getting information out of people, he was good at getting what he wanted — but he was far from a genius at actually recruiting them. Possibly because he himself was only as loyal to the cause as was safe for him. But once he finally got out of here, he would make sure to tell the others who to target.

message 37: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek raised his brows and sighed heavily, "I ... didn't mean to scare you" he murmured quietly. It usually wasn't this bad. He didn't typically feel this incredibly insecure and conscious of his actions. But something was eating at him from inside. He needed to shift, he needed to run around the forest and maybe kill something, like a small deer or a few birds.

message 38: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune shook his head. "You didn't scare me, sir. Startled, sure, but not scared." That was a lie — he'd been terrified. But if the teacher felt reassured he could build trust with him — maybe. It would take time, and things were moving faster now. If there was a teacher on their side, it would make things so much easier — particularly slipping out of class. It also helped that if he pretended he hadn't been scared, then the other wouldn't know his weakness. Which was important, given the number of werewolves at the school — as well as the number in Mr Hale's pack.

message 39: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Derek shook his head. He'd smelled fear on Rune, he'd heard it too. The slight quickening of his heart rate, the flush in his cheeks, the stiffening of his muscles. Derek knew fear, he knew it well, he could identify it from a mile off. "sure." he muttered.

message 40: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune shrugged. "If you want to assume the worst, let that be on your head." He moved back towards the bulk of the class, bottle swinging loosely in his hand. He would just have to wait then, and hope that they were understanding. In the meantime— he eyed the other students. Perhaps there were other potential recruits to be found here.

message 41: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio glanced over his shoulder at Derek, watching Rune walk away from him. His brows furrowed and he turned to the other student, folding his arms. He didn't really like Rune. Maybe it was the way he smelled, or the way he spoke, like he was trying to garner sympathy at one moment and then intimidate in the next. He didn't like the fact that Derek looked even more distressed than before, so he stepped forward, "What'd you do to Derek?" he spoke up, narrowing his eyes.

message 42: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune looked up. He didn't like Elio — though that might have been the whole werewolf thing, he'd always seemed dislikeable to Rune. "I asked to go get a drink. Then he got annoyed at me and felt bad about it." He wasn't in the mood for dealing with suspicious werewolves. "Can you stand, like, ten metres away? Your glaring is going to give me acne at this rate." Rune had remarkably clear skin for a teenager, and he didn't need the stress of dealing with werewolves to make it worse. "Awfully close to him, aren't you? Maybe I should be the one questioning." Elio was one of those people, the kind that Rune would rather poison than manipulate. Aggression would be reciprocated, if that was all he would give.

message 43: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio raised his brows and scoffed, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" he sniffed the air, sticking his tongue out between his two rather large canines, "You smell like snake, and the last thing we need right now is an asshole with a silver tongue." he grumbled. To be fair, he was just as on edge as Derek. And he'd never liked Rune. Rune had given him those vibes from the start.

"Elio, quit it" Derek chastised, glancing up at the clock. They only had about ten minutes left. He sighed to himself, still struggling to work things out in his head. He felt foggy, it was frustrating.

<< yo we can rp rune with chaos' lover if you'd like, a sort of report back kind of rp >>

message 44: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune rolled his eyes and returned the gesture, though he restrained himself from changing partially — it would create needless complications. No need to go overboard. "I smell like snake? Do you have any idea how bad you smell? It's like hypermasculinity and anger and hormones and werewolf stench all rolled into one."

message 45: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio glanced down at himself and tilted his head to the side. Out of the entirety of the pack he always thought he was the most progressive one. He wasn't too big on the muscle side and he was openly gay afterall. Though he guessed werewolves probably didn't smell all that nice - wait this was irrelevant. He furrowed his brows, "Hey. Fuck you." Elio replied simply, almost pouting at Rune's comments.

message 46: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Rune laughed. It was a cold, flat laugh — and his eyes matched it. "No thanks." Elio was easily offended, it seemed, but not as angry as he had expected. "I have better things to do with my time." This was boring. He wanted something more interesting to do than trade insults with some kid in P.E.

message 47: by kaya, true neutral (new)

also im sorry for the v late reply but yes !! that'd be great

message 48: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

<< ah okay, did you wanna rp them somewhere else and end it here ? >>

message 49: by kaya, true neutral (new)

sounds good. where were u thinking?

message 50: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

<< fallenhearth outpost, rune would know how to get to it so he has permission to go there >>

« previous 1