RC-Upland Neighbors discussion

Meeting

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 11 comments Mod
What days and times are good for people to meet? We should get together and then determine our next book and ways for people to share books to help reduce cost. Please answer the following questions:
1. Do you prefer weekdays or weekends to meet (once a month)?
2. Would you prefer to meet at a public location or at someone’s home?
3. Do you have a time preference? (I know I will have to work around my work schedule)
4. Other recommendations or suggestions?

message 2: by Dot (new)

Dot | 3 comments I have read the book so someone can borrow it if they want to. I prefer weekdays but would also be available Saturdays. My schedule is pretty open (except for vacations). I don’t mind meeting at someone’s house or public location.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments Hello.
1. I am available weekday evenings except when work commitments pop up and I am required to stay late. I am also available on weekends.
2. I have no preference as to location.
3. On weekdays, I am only available in the evening. On weekends, anytime is fine.
4. No suggestions. I appreciate the coordination.
Lastly, I have not yet read the book but I will have read it and be ready to go prior to the meeting.

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim Wallace | 14 comments Weekdays are better for me. Evenings might work, especially if we can meet at my house! I’m open to meeting anywhere but would prefer a private home or another quiet place. My best times are late morning to early afternoon or after 7pm.

message 5: by Natasha (new)

Thanks everyone. Kim, if hosting is convenient for you, at least for this first meeting, that would be great. I don’t mind bringing a snack or beverage. How about 7:30 pm on whichever day works best for you? Maybe we should wait until second week of August or around then since many people may be on vacation.

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim Wallace | 14 comments How about Thursday next week or we can do August 9 or the next week on the 16. Those are Thursdays.

I’d go ahead and do it next week and then again in August. What day does school start up again? Does that make a difference for anyone attending?

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim Wallace | 14 comments I can supply cold raspberry tea or water for drinks. I’ll let you bring the eats, Natasha.

Are we going to post the time and place on Nextdoor so those that said they wanted to attend but haven’t responded to
Goodreads knows that we are up and running? Or wait until after the first meeting, instead?

Thanks.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments I can definitely make it the 9th but am not sure I can be there on the 16th. I will bring something as well - let me know if there is anything in particular you would like.

message 9: by Natasha (new)

Kim, would you post it in the thread on Nextdoor to make sure we include all those who were interested? So let’s plan on the 8/9 at 7:30. I am looking forward to it. We will need the address at some point too. :)

message 10: by Dot (new)

Dot | 3 comments I will be on vacation the first week of August so it looks like I’ll miss the first meeting. 🙁. Let me know which book you pick for next month. Thanks

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim Wallace | 14 comments Hi,

My address is8565 Buggy Whip Rd. Alta Loma CA 91701. It’s off Banyan near Banyan and Carnelian. West on Banyan to Trotters Lane. We are on the right side where Trotters ends at Buggy Whip. See you Thursday.

I’m sorry to hear you won’t be able to make it, Dot.

I posted the info on Nextdoor, Natasha, and I’ll let you know if I get a response.

Kim

Kim

message 12: by Dot (new)

Dot | 3 comments I’m sorry I won’t be able to make it next week. I started reading another Ruth Ware book The Woman in Cabin 10. In case anyone is interested for next month. 😊

message 13: by Natasha (new)

I bought my dad some new books for his birthday including The Woman in Cabin 10. I can be a horrible gift giver and ask him to pass it along back to me when he’s finished with it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments Hi. I am RSVP’ing for 2 for the Book Club August 9th. I will bring snacks unless there is something more specific I should bring. Looking forward to the first meeting!

message 15: by Kim (new)

Kim Wallace | 14 comments Hi!

We have seven people coming tomorrow! See you at 7:30. Rebecca is bringing snacks. Call me if anything changes. 909-945-1129.

message 16: by Kim (new)

Kim Wallace | 14 comments I’m posting an update for those that couldn’t attend our August meeting.

We’re official now with our first meeting held in August!

All meetings will be held at 7:30 on the second at Thursday of the month at Kim’s house on Buggy Whip Rd. Snacks will be provided by the person hosting that month's book. Kim has September and Natasha has October.

For following months’ books, those whom haven’t hosted a book may bring three book choices to the next meeting to be voted on by all. No books will be chosen if someone has already read it.

Opening Question for next meeting: What is one of the most important books you’ve ever read and why?

For September 13 at 7:30:
Book: “Flora: A Novel” by Gail Godwin
Host: Kim

For October 18 at 7:30
Book: “A Woman in the Window” by A. J. Finn
Host: Natasha

Please use this forum to message all members.

If I left something out, post it!

message 17: by Natasha (new)

Thank you for posting this update!

message 18: by Jude (new)

Jude | 10 comments Wish there was a "like" button. Lol, thanks Kim.

message 19: by Linda (last edited Sep 12, 2018 07:31AM) (new)

Linda (lindaem) | 2 comments Hello. I read Flora and look forward to sharing thoughts with everyone about it. Jude and I got into a discussion about it a couple of weeks ago. I have a bit of a problem. Is there anyone near Baseline/Carnelian who could give me a ride to this Thursday's meeting? It would be very much appreciated. I can't get an appt with DMV until the 20th to renew my license so I'm in a little bit of
a pickle. Thanks.

message 20: by Natasha (new)

Hi Linda. I can give you ride. I live right near there. Here is my cell number— 909-437-1084. Text me your address. See you tomorrow around 7:15.

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindaem) | 2 comments Thanks, Natasha...my ride came thru, but I appreciate it anyway. I'm leaving you a text message too...see you tonight.

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim Wallace | 14 comments The book club notice on the Neighborhood site is not this book club. I haven’t set up our book club as a group on the Neighborhood site yet.

message 23: by Jude (new)

Jude | 10 comments No worries Kim. I just wondered how we could all keep in touch, send reminders out, etc. I also forget to check here! I can only imagine those that are busy with other than home life.

message 24: by Kim (new)

Kim Wallace | 14 comments Don’t forget our meeting tomorrow ( Thursday) night. I posted it on the Nextdoor site as well.

message 25: by Jude (new)

Jude | 10 comments See you tomorrow Kim!

message 26: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments Good afternoon. I apologize for the late notice, I am not going to be able to make it home in time from work for today’s meeting. Becky.

message 27: by Kim (new)

Kim Wallace | 14 comments Thank you so much for letting me know. I’ll post next month’s book here.