Art Lovers discussion

Poetry > Heat in Poets Respond

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1957 comments Because it’s often many months before an accepted poem gets published, poetry often lags behind current events. Rattle Magazine tries to remedy this with their Poets Respond. Every Sunday they publish online a poem written within the last week about a public event that occurred within that week.

This week’s Poet’s Respond poem is my poem Heat. This is a big deal, lots of competition, and Rattle sends it out to over 10,000 RSS feeds and email subscribers. Plus posting on Facebook, etc. No wonder I'm chuffed.

Here’s a link that’ll take you there. There’s also a place to click to hear me read it. https://www.rattle.com/heat-by-ruth-b...

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8542 comments It's nice to hear your voice, Ruth! And you read that so well. I especially loved how you say the "wind was throbbing". Very image-provoking. The whole poem is surrounded with unusual imagery. I think that is another reason I like it. How you describe the "Heat" is unexpected, this creates a keener interest in the whole thing.

And Congratulations!!!