Language & Grammar discussion

Language in Literature > Heat in Poets Respond

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 16160 comments Mod
Because it’s often many months before an accepted poem gets published, poetry often lags behind current events. Rattle Magazine tries to remedy this with their Poets Respond. Every Sunday they publish online a poem written within the last week about a public event that occurred within that week.

This week’s Poet’s Respond poem is my poem Heat. This is a big deal, lots of competition, and Rattle sends it out to over 10,000 RSS feeds and email subscribers. Plus posting on Facebook, etc. No wonder I'm chuffed.

Here’s a link that’ll take you there. There’s also a place to click to hear me read it. https://www.rattle.com/heat-by-ruth-b...

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18496 comments Mod
Wow. A coup!! I know you've rattled Rattle's cages before, but it's got to feel good nonetheless.

For a while I was on that "Poet's Respond" catnip. Think I sent 3 or 4, though I don't seem to be John Green's cup of mint tea. This just proves you never know and, as with Threepenny, the rejections (and rogue acceptances!) come quickly!

Congrats, Ruth!

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharonstar) | 3392 comments Congratulations Ruth! It doesn't get old, does it.

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 16160 comments Mod
Thanks, Ken and Sharon.

Ken, I’ve only sent to Poets Respond once before. Mainly because I seldom write political poems and that’s what’s in the air the air theses days.

message 5: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18496 comments Mod
I guess Tim is sick of Trump poems, too. Let's write about Mother Earth (also in the news quite frequently!).