Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Clock Dance/Tyler - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6735 comments Subtle, yet heartwarming and inspiring, Clock Dance manages to create a protagonist, Willa, that represents the internal voice that so many women have. The voice that tells us to act politely under all circumstances and never create a fuss. The voice that asks ourselves "why haven't I done more with my life?" The voice that tinges all new experiences, large and small, with anxiety. What makes the book worthwhile is seeing how Willa grows from a timid young woman to an empowered individual. The small details bring the story to life and keep the reader engaged and turning the pages. For me, this book was enjoyable to read, but in a simple, sincere way. Neither the writing nor the storytelling really elevated it to something more special.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Sometimes we need a book like this to fill the gaps, don’t we? I don’t think I’ll be adding it to my lists though.

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara (mootastic1) | 770 comments This book has been hovering on my maybe pile. You didn't really do anything in this review to convince me yay or nay.

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6735 comments Sara wrote: "This book has been hovering on my maybe pile. You didn't really do anything in this review to convince me yay or nay."

I think Susie put it well - - if you just feel like a nice, easy read that's enjoyable . . .this fits the bill. I looked forward to picking it up each time, but I think the phase of life that I'm in - - this type of book doesn't do it for me anymore. But I don't have children at home so I'm looking more for intellectual stimulation, not relaxation. If I was more interested in the latter, this book might have gotten a better review!

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara (mootastic1) | 770 comments It may be exactly the type of book I'm wanting for the beach later this month.