AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

Book Trailer - The Way of BEauty

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camille (new)

Camille Maio (camilledimaioauthor) | 1 comments Hello, friends! Thank you for inviting me to visit with you this week on American Historical Novels. And thank you to Rebecca Rosenberg Novelist for introducing me yesterday.

I am editing my fourth historical fiction book, but my most recent release is THE WAY OF BEAUTY. Set in New York City from 1900-1963, it is the story of three women whose lives intersect in and around the once-grand Penn Station. From immigrants to suffragettes, their stories are relatable to women today.

Here is the book trailer for this one - I'd be happy to chat with you about anything you'd like to know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XhI...

message 2: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new)

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
These book trailers are fantastic. I saw another one of yours. Do you write them, also? Thank you for sharing!

message 3: by Martha (new)

Martha Conway | 255 comments Mod
Camille wrote: "Hello, friends! Thank you for inviting me to visit with you this week on American Historical Novels. And thank you to Rebecca Rosenberg Novelist for introducing me yesterday.

What a beautiful book trailer. I love the black-and-white motif. I also found myself wondering how much of a hand you had in making this.

The vote for women was so hard-won! It's always amazing to me that it took as long as it did, decades and decades of women fighting for us. I wish I could thank them.

message 4: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new)

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
I agree, hard to believe it took so long and now we take it for granted and many don't vote. Hopefully not next time.

message 5: by Beverly (new)

Beverly It is amazing it took so long to get the right so many now take for granted and don't vote. I too, am hoping that more will go out and vote in the up-coming election. We owe it to our grandmothers to vote!

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Stoeckel (andreastoeckel) Rebecca wrote: "I agree, hard to believe it took so long and now we take it for granted and many don't vote. Hopefully not next time."

Don’t get me started on feminism and the vote here.;) At 61, I worked to get the ERA passed, which didn’t (a FYI for the youngsters, we tried to get an Equal Rights Amendment added to the Constitution but not enough states ratified it to pass) and live less than an hour from Seneca Falls NY. I am also a retired minister in the denomination that ordained the first woman minister- Antoinette Brown Blackwell , who, btw, was the only suffragette to actually vote in 1920- the others had died.

We make up 1/2 the population. Normally, only 30% of EVERYONE in the US even bother to vote. If you do NOT vote, then hush because you are stuck with whoever does win for the term they are elected to. Beverly is right: we owe it to our foremothers to VOTE! And I no longer drive, I WALK to my polling place with a walker.

message 7: by Beverly (new)

Beverly I hope your dedication inspires others.

message 8: by Toni (new)

Toni Kief (tonikayk) | 3 comments I'm with you. I registered to vote on my 21st birthday and haven't missed a vote since that day in 1969. I was working with you shoulder to shoulder on the ERA and I'm still stunned that it hasn't been readdressed and considered again. I've registered voters and then drove many to the polls. I also have an FBI file for getting 200 women to send shoes to Ronald Reagan. I'm afraid this one would not get the reference. Statistically women vote more often than men, so after decades of a battle to vote, lets use it and show them what hear her roar means. https://tonikief.com

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Stoeckel (andreastoeckel) Toni wrote: "I'm with you. I registered to vote on my 21st birthday and haven't missed a vote since that day in 1969. I was working with you shoulder to shoulder on the ERA and I'm still stunned that it hasn't ..."

Go Toni, Go Toni!

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda Bridges (lindajoyb) | 68 comments Amen!!

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Artson (barbara_artson) | 21 comments Brava! That's what we need to do today -- to make sure that we all vote. No suppression of voters.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Artson (barbara_artson) | 21 comments Wanted to share some good news:
Odessa, Odessa is #3 on the Bestseller Paperback Fiction list at Book Soup -- the venerable Los Angeles bookstore -- a list including books by Elena Ferrante and Jeffrey Eugenides. I am so honored!