Play Book Tag discussion

The Power
This topic is about The Power
July 2018: Dystopian > The Power by Naomi Alderman

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ShazM | 389 comments Well, I made myself finish it. I thought at first that it was an interesting idea but then it became fairly predictable and I had to force myself to carry on. I thought the character of Roxy Monke was the most interesting but that might have just been the hint of East End gangland. I know it's silly but I feel a little disappointed in the women! Two stars from me.

Susie | 4488 comments I’m so sorry you didn’t like it more as it is a favourite of mine, but different strokes hey?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

ShazM wrote: "Well, I made myself finish it. I thought at first that it was an interesting idea but then it became fairly predictable and I had to force myself to carry on. I thought the character of Roxy Monke ..."

I feel you. I'm at 70% and while I want to finish because I want to know what happens I do not like the story. I have moments where it holds my attention and other moments where I feel like I am never going to get through another chapter. Its a struggle, yet I do think she is a good writer.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Susie wrote: "I’m so sorry you didn’t like it more as it is a favourite of mine, but different strokes hey?"

You are so right Susie! Different strokes. There have been books people do not care for that I absolutely love. Its the same with me and movies as well. If we all were the same life would be so boring.:)