Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

Shattered
This topic is about Shattered
Stand Alone Novels 1968-1979 > Shattered (Group Read - August 2018)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new) - added it

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 6060 comments Mod
Shattered will be featured as our August Group Read. This story features a cross-country chase from Philadelphia to California.

First published in 1973 under the pseudonym K. R. Dwyer, Shattered is one of Dean's earliest novels still in print and also among the shortest.

Please consider reading with us this Summer. Thank you Koontzlander!

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

message 3: by Tommye. (new) - added it

Tommye. Schoenberger (tommyenv) | 28 comments Hmm I need to find it

message 4: by Antwanette (new)

Antwanette (1coolnerd) | 11 comments 👍🏾

message 5: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new) - added it

August is next week!

message 6: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new) - added it

Is anyone reading Shattered this month? It's a short one, so there's still time if you can get a copy.

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments I've read it pretty recently, looks like no one is really discussing it.

message 8: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new) - added it

I wasn't able to find a Shattered Audiobook and I'm still reading The Forbidden Door

Matthew (funkygman007) | 24 comments I read Shattered a couple of years ago. I liked the pure and simple thriller feel of it. Made me think of the movie Duel. Also, now that I am thinking about it, Koontz seems to do chases like this a lot!

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan Beamon (susanbeamon) | 69 comments I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. Since I said that, experience suggests it will arrive today.

message 11: by Jeff (new) - added it

Jeff Bell | 7 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "I wasn't able to find a Shattered Audiobook and I'm still reading The Forbidden Door"

I have a copy of the audiobook Shattered but I think it is illegal to share copyrighted material

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments It kind of is. Depends on how you share it. Lending to a friend--good. Copying it and posting it to a file share network, bad.

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Beamon (susanbeamon) | 69 comments The thing with an audio book is like a real book. You can give away or sell the copy you have. You can not make new copies and sell or give away those. You can lend your copy to someone else to read/listen to. You can not rent a performance location and play or read your copy to an audience unless you have paid a fee to the author/publisher/copyright holder. That holds even if your audience doesn't pay for the performance. I don't have a clear view of all the quirks of online sharing, but I think it loosely follows those guidelines. You can't distribute copies of your copy. I'm not a lawyer but followed the file sharing debate on line back when ebooks and music downloads started.

message 14: by Fred (last edited Aug 18, 2018 05:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments I am about half way thru, Colin's paranoid that a van is really following them... It appears to be a "chase" mystery? But shows a nice bond to his brother in-law to begin?

message 15: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new) - added it

Thanks Fred. I remember enjoying Shattered when I read it. I read very slow and I liked how short the novel was. I typically use an audiobook to help me get through one of our Dean Koontz books each month. I am still slowly reading The Forbidden Door and I plan to re-read Breathless which is our September Group Read
Most likely won't experience Shatttered this month 🤓

message 16: by Fred (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments I finished. It was an interesting end for Koontz, a low "love" undertone thriller. I hope my words to describe make sense?

message 17: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new) - added it

Fred wrote: "I finished. It was an interesting end for Koontz, a low "love" undertone thriller. I hope my words to describe make sense?"

Thank you Fred :-)