What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Song in the Silence (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #1)
This topic is about Song in the Silence
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy - woman befriends shapeshifting dragon and uses truespeech to communicate. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I found this book in my local library (USA) probably 15-20++ years ago (absolutely no less than 10). It was on hardback. The cover might have shown a woman standing next to a dragon, which might have had its tail/wing around her (but I might be misremembering/this is a common theme for covers).

Plot I recall: Woman befriends dragon and they communicate via thoughtspeak (psychic link).
Plot I might be misremembering: The woman might have initially been captured. The dragon might be able to shapeshift. (view spoiler)

The book was probably YA/NA, but do not discount adult fantasy. I don't recall sexual themes but I could be wrong.

Sorry that I don't recall author name or gender, or much else for that matter. Hopefully someone remembers this. I've already exhausted a handful of online search engines including the library website, which doesn't show anything that fits or is old enough. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Kate (Feathered Turtle Press Reviews) (last edited Jul 09, 2018 01:57AM) (new)

Kate (Feathered Turtle Press Reviews) (stargazer401) | 257 comments Maybe Song in the Silence? (I haven't read the series, but a friend has.)

Cover:
Song in the Silence (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #1) by Elizabeth Kerner

message 3: by K.L. (new)

K.L. | 72 comments The Dragon and the George by Gordon Dickson? Has a similar storyline

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 71 comments Dragon's Bait? read this in high school and it sounds kind of what you're describing.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

K8 wrote: "Maybe Song in the Silence? (I haven't read the series, but a friend has.)"
This must be it! I misremembered the term, which in this book is rather "truespeech". I'm 90% sure this is the book I was remembering, as it also includes romance and transformation, and the cover is familiar. Thank you so much, @k8 - gold star for you!

Kate (Feathered Turtle Press Reviews) (stargazer401) | 257 comments Vera wrote: "K8 wrote: "Maybe Song in the Silence? (I haven't read the series, but a friend has.)"
This must be it! I misremembered the term, which in this book is rather "truespeech". I'm 90% s..."

No problem, glad I could help!