The Official History Chicks Podcast Book Club discussion

Cleopatra: A Life
This topic is about Cleopatra
July Book Choice > Library of Alexandria

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amber (mommytucker) | 157 comments Mod
The Library of Alexandria has been mentioned several times throughout the portion of the book that I have read so far. The descriptions make me want to go back into time just to walk through the halls of this amazing library. As mentioned in the book, discoveries such as the circumference of the earth, the discovery that the sun was the center of our universe, the foundations of anatomy and physiology, the workings of the brain and pulse as well as the study of geometry was all founded within it's walls. If only the library was still standing, I can only imagine what those walls would tell us.

I posted a video on the Library of Alexandria. It is a long video but worth ever minute to watch!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 22 comments That sounds fascinating! Where can I watch the video?

Amber (mommytucker) | 157 comments Mod
Mary wrote: "That sounds fascinating! Where can I watch the video?"

On the main page of the book club (here on GoodReads) you can see the videos. If you still have problems, let me know. I can send you the link

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 22 comments Amber wrote: "Mary wrote: "That sounds fascinating! Where can I watch the video?"

On the main page of the book club (here on GoodReads) you can see the videos. If you still have problems, let me know. I can sen..."

I see it!! Great, thank you!