Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Metaphorosis November 2016 (Metaphorosis Magazine, #11)
This topic is about Metaphorosis November 2016
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Please combine and rectify

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B. (new) - added it

B. Morris Allen (bmorrisallen) | 50 comments Please combine the below two entries. The title should be harmonized to the EPUB edition value - i.e., Metaphorosis November 2016 (Metaphorosis Magazine, #11)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Combined and title corrected to Goodreads standards

message 3: by Metaphorosis (last edited Jul 08, 2018 08:23AM) (new)

Metaphorosis (metaphorosisreviews) | 57 comments Thanks for combining.
Here I make my regular comment about the inconsistency in Goodreads' application of series labeling. For example, Clarkesworld (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...) is, just like Metaphorosis, an online SFF magazine that also publishes ebooks. Yet Clarkesworld issues are listed as part of a series, and Metaphorosis issues are not.

I've yet to hear an explanation of why this is. It's frustrating.

message 4: by Olivia (last edited Jul 08, 2018 09:11AM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Metaphorosis,
I'm not familiar with those magazines, but if you can confirm that they do not have a continues line of story or common universe or characters between the issues I'll be happy to remove the series page.

message 5: by B. (new) - added it

B. Morris Allen (bmorrisallen) | 50 comments Olivia, Thanks, but there are many such examples. I listed several in a post here some time ago. I'm not asking to change their status; I'm pointing out that there's great inconsistency in treatment. Clarkesworld is on the 142nd issue in its series. The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction is up to 736! There are many, many others. Yet, Metaphorosis can't get #1 listed.

Again, I"m not looking for those magazines to be changed; I think the series listing is useful. I'm just looking for equal treatment.

message 6: by Olivia (last edited Jul 08, 2018 10:19AM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Please note that librarians are volunteers.
We are not making the rules, but we are obligated to follow them to maintain our librarian status.

If you wish to list a collection that is not considered a series please use Listopia feature.

The series that do not comply with the policy will continue be deleted when found.
I reverted your changes adding 'series' indicator to some titles and removed cover designers in line with Goodreads policy.

message 7: by B. (new) - added it

B. Morris Allen (bmorrisallen) | 50 comments Olivia,

I appreciate that librarians are volunteers doing their best to make sense of the rules. I'm not sure, however, why some series continue to be unaffected by rules that apply to the rest of us.

Whom could I talk to about this inconsistency? Who does make the rules?

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5873 comments B. wrote: "Olivia,

I appreciate that librarians are volunteers doing their best to make sense of the rules. I'm not sure, however, why some series continue to be unaffected by rules that apply to the rest of..."

support AT goodreads DOT com

message 9: by B. (new) - added it

B. Morris Allen (bmorrisallen) | 50 comments Thanks. I was hoping for something more direct, but I've written to support.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.