Support for Indie Authors discussion

Writers Workshop > take a peek?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Finch | 101 comments Hi! Is anyone interested in beta reading first two-three chapters of my novel? It is speculative sci-fi with elements of a historical and religious thriller (5 to 10 pages most so it won't take much of your time). I'm interested in your opinion is it captivating enough to lure you into the book.
I'd be very much interested in reading something in return and give my humble opinion. Thanks!

message 2: by A. J. Deschene (new)

A. J. Deschene (ajdeschene) | 58 comments This is a really great idea!
I should try it sometime.

And yes, I'd be very interested in sampling the first pages of your book. Free reads are always welcome.

Mr. Blue

message 3: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Long | 3 comments I'd be happy to check it out as well.

jacoblongbooks@gmail.com

message 4: by Ralph (new)

Ralph | 14 comments Frederick - count me in for sample reading. Live to check it out.
rfcarmosino@gmail.com

message 5: by A. J. Deschene (new)

A. J. Deschene (ajdeschene) | 58 comments I currently don't have any material to exchange reading right now, but when I do I'll most likely do the same thing that you are.

Anyway, I forgot to give my email (if it helps, I'm not sure how you want to have us read the sample pages) so here it is:

deschene.studios@gmail.com

Mr. Blue

message 6: by C.B., Beach Body Moderator (new)

C.B. Archer | 1090 comments Mod
Dear everyone,

You are posting your private emails on a public internet forum that absolutely anyone can access, person or bot. You don't even need to be a Goodreads member to access this page. Anyone can see it.

Are you sure this is something you wish to do?

Sincerely,
Everyone else

message 7: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Finch | 101 comments Thank you guys! I will send it your way. Also, if you have anything you'd like to be read, send it back and I'll read it and give you my honest opinion.

message 8: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4358 comments Mod
What CB said.

A better method of getting your email address to Frederick is to private message him via Goodreads.

message 9: by Neil (new)

Neil M (neilm) | 1 comments Frederick, I have sent a message with my email address.

message 10: by Frederick (new)

Frederick Finch | 101 comments Thanks, guys! I have sent you the material (seven pages). Feel free to send me anything in return and I'll be glad to read your words.
Cheers!

message 11: by Ralph (new)

Ralph | 14 comments Thanks Dwayne and C.B. for the reminder. re: email addresses.....you're absolutely right! Everyone should keep that in mind moving forward.