New Adult Book Club discussion

Katy Evans
This topic is about Katy Evans
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Katy Evans Q&A

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicola (last edited Jul 08, 2018 01:19AM) (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments

We have the amazing Bestselling Author Katy Evans with us. Katy is the author of books such asReal, Mine, Manwhore, Mr. President, Tycoon, Playboy and more!!

Leave your question/s for Katy below and she will come and chat with you over the next 2 weeks :)

message 2: by Eliza (new)

Eliza (elizareadalot) | 3 comments Where do you find inspiration for your novels?

message 3: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ | 71 comments What do you love to do to relax? Love your writing! <3

message 4: by CerysAnne (new)

CerysAnne Will you ever do another series that focuses on a sport? And also the struggles of mental health? I absolutely love Remy and Racer, and I loved the way you showed their struggles with having such a strong and powerful job that’s in the spotlight, whilst also struggling on the inside with things no one can really understand.

TheSassyNerdBlog | 3 comments Hey Katy! Absolutely love your writing! Do you do any other work besides writing?

Daniela (danis_bookpourri) | 27 comments Which countries would you like to visit, either for inspiration for a story or just for fun?

message 7: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 120 comments Hello Ms. Katy! Will there be more books in the White House series?

message 8: by Betül (new)

Betül (gemiinii) | 135 comments Hi Katy!
I was wondering what type of scenes are the easiest and which one are the hardest to write?

message 9: by Caroline (new)

Caroline F | 57 comments Hi Katy - love your books! Have you got any plans for a UK/European signing, at all?

message 10: by Ree (new)

Ree | 2410 comments Hello Katy! Have you ever been to the Caribbean?

message 11: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments hi! if you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

message 12: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Lilley (lilleyloohlah) | 130 comments Hi Katy
Awesome giveaway, thank you.
Any chance you’ll be doing a UK signing in the foreseeable future?
Pam x

message 13: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Mastro (tipper85) | 34 comments What was your last 5 star read?

message 14: by Karen (last edited Jul 08, 2018 05:45AM) (new)

Karen (karenkoo) | 47 comments If you could have lunch with 3 of your fave authors, dead or alive, who would you choose? Thanks.

message 15: by Carolina (new)

Carolina León (cariiitolm) | 94 comments Are you planning to write a trilogy I. The near future?

message 16: by Nina♡ (new)

Nina♡ (ninawreads) | 11 comments Hi Katy, what is your fave book?

message 17: by April (new)

April Baker (aprilbaker635) | 13 comments Hi katy❤

How did you come up with the plot for remy's stories?

message 18: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments April wrote: "Hi katy❤

How did you come up with the plot for remy's stories?"

Hi April! It all started when Remy came to me, fully shaped and formed in my mind. I knew the basics: what he wanted, and why he was different, and I couldn't resist him. I took his insanely powerful energy and sat down to write, discovering the full story as I went along.

message 19: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Nina wrote: "Hi Katy, what is your fave book?"

Hi Nina! One of my all-time favorite books is by Judith McNaught, Whitney My Love. I adore it! I also love as favorite each of my own books, each in its own way, as each represents a topic I'm exploring, or something I'm curious or passionate about.

message 20: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Carolina wrote: "Are you planning to write a trilogy I. The near future?"

Hi Carolina! Yes! I'm planning to write another trilogy hopefully next year. :)

message 21: by Katy (last edited Jul 08, 2018 08:22AM) (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Karen wrote: "If you could have lunch with 3 of your fave authors, dead or alive, who would you choose? Thanks."

Hi Karen! I'd like lunch or dinner (or tea!) with Oscar Wilde, Jane Austin, and Emily Bronte. You're all invited! :)

message 22: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Tiffany wrote: "What was your last 5 star read?"

Hi Tiffany! The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang, loved it!! So unique and fresh and heartwarming!

message 23: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Pamela wrote: "Hi Katy
Awesome giveaway, thank you.
Any chance you’ll be doing a UK signing in the foreseeable future?
Pam x"

Hi Pamela! I'm currently checking my schedule to see if I could make it for 2019. Fingers and toes crossed! :)

message 24: by Katy (last edited Jul 08, 2018 08:24AM) (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments J. wrote: "hi! if you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?"

Hi J! I always want to be the characters that I'm currently writing. If I had to choose from all of them, I'd love to be in Malcolm Saint or Rachel's shoes. Malcolm is one of the only heroes that has never let me inside his head or given me his POV book, so that mysterious element keeps me wanting to come back for more! :)

message 25: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Caroline wrote: "Hi Katy - love your books! Have you got any plans for a UK/European signing, at all?"

Hi Ree! Yes, I've been to the Caribbean when I was a teenager. We went on a cruise and island-hopped for the whole week - and I've always wanted to visit again!

message 26: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Caroline wrote: "Hi Katy - love your books! Have you got any plans for a UK/European signing, at all?"

Hi Caroline! Thank you! I'm looking into my schedule to see if I can hopefully make one for 2019. So fingers and toes crossed! :)

message 27: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Betul wrote: "Hi Katy!
I was wondering what type of scenes are the easiest and which one are the hardest to write?"

Hi Betul! I think it all depends on the books. Some scenes flow really naturally, while others, you need to spend more time with, dig in a little deeper and harder to get to the gist of things. Sometimes they're hard because emotionally they're tough for you, or other times they are hard because you a) can't figure them out yet, or b) want them to be perfect and can't find the right tone/words to accurately portray what you want to.

message 28: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Beatrice wrote: "Hello Ms. Katy! Will there be more books in the White House series?"

Hi Beatrice! I have a standalone planned for the White House series that I'm hoping to start later this year! It's for a new couple, but Matt and Charlotte definitely appear. :D

message 29: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Daniela wrote: "Which countries would you like to visit, either for inspiration for a story or just for fun?"

Hi Daniela! I think when you're having fun, you're researching even without meaning to! I'd really love to visit Australia again (I honeymooned there but would love to return!) DEFINITELY all of Europe: UK, Italy, France, Germany, Spain...

I'd also love to visit Poland, Brazil, Argentina, Czech Republic, and Egypt! It's such a long list, but definitely hoping to make it happen one day.

message 30: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments ❦Amz ❦ wrote: "Hey Katy! Absolutely love your writing! Do you do any other work besides writing?"

Hi Amz! Thank you so much! I used to work as a graphic designer, then I was the manager of a very fabulous jewelry store, but my one deep love is writing and once I was able to start writing full-time, I haven't been able (or wanted) to stop! However I try to make time for my own hobbies and for my family. It's easy to get sucked into these fabulous characters' lives and worlds, but I have to remember I have my own as well. :D

message 31: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments CerysAnne wrote: "Will you ever do another series that focuses on a sport? And also the struggles of mental health? I absolutely love Remy and Racer, and I loved the way you showed their struggles with having such a..."

Hy CerysAnne!

I'm a huge sportslover and mental health is a topic that I hold close to my heart. So you will continually, definitely be seeing these topics woven throughout some of my stories. :) Thank you for the Remy and Racer love!

message 32: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Steffi wrote: "What do you love to do to relax? Love your writing! <3"

Thank you Steffi! That means a lot!
When I want to wind down, I love to get out of the house. Go hiking, take my dog out and explore. Listen to music, dance like a silly girl! But when I'm REALLY stressed and that doesn't work, I definitely book myself a chakra balancing massage, or a hot stone massage, some reflexology, and for the next few days, I pull away from whatever it is that is causing me stress so that I can find center again. :)

message 33: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Eliza wrote: "Where do you find inspiration for your novels?"

Hi Eliza!
Everywhere. Real life, a song, or a feeling (fear, lack of self-love, craving for connection, etc...) It sometimes comes out of the blue when you least expect it, while other times, it takes some "searching" to find it.

message 34: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (takedornan) | 3 comments Hey Katy, I love your work! I always wondered about this, does the titles come first or the book? lol.
love from Brazil <3

message 35: by Melissa (new)

Melissa  ❤️ bookaddict_fanatic  (bookaddict_fanatic) | 41 comments Hi Katy! Love your books. Who inspires you and why?

message 36: by Debra (new)

Debra Shutters (debrashutters) What inspire you to become a writer?

message 37: by Chloe (new)

Chloe reads (chloe_readsbooks) | 4 comments Hi Katy,

I'm sure you know how much I love you, and how excited I am for Playboy. Is it the last book in the series? And I HAVE to ask you, will Malcolm and Rachel get another novella, or novel??? I NEED to see them with their baby. Ahhh, I miss them so sooo much. ❤️ xx

Verna Loves Books (vernalovesbooks) | 38 comments Have you thought about writing anymore for The White House Series? I just love it and the characters. I would even take a novella!!

message 39: by Anna (new)

Anna Nguyen | 10 comments how long will this series go on?

message 40: by Neen (new)

Neen Ramos | 2 comments Hi! Katy. Just want to ask how can I be a part of your ARC team? Thanks!

message 41: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Audet | 33 comments Is there anyone in particular who inspired you to write manwhore characters?

message 42: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments Hi from Brazil!
are you a "one story at a time" kind of author, or do plots fight over your head for attention??

message 43: by DC (new)

DC | 5 comments Hi, I love your writing especially the Manwhore series. What authors/books do you enjoy other than your own books?

message 44: by Lana (new)

Lana | 54 comments Hi Katy!
How much of yourself do you incorporate into your characters? Which one is most like you?

message 45: by Lana (new)

Lana | 54 comments Did you have a certain message you hoped readers would take away from this book?

message 46: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Dehart | 133 comments Who is your go-to author to read?

message 47: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Lezama a | 41 comments What do you like to do in your spare time?

message 48: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your must-have when you get into writing mode?

message 49: by Tiffanee (new)

Tiffanee (jazalikat) | 4 comments If you could choose an author to do a collaboration with who would it be? What type of book would you write about?

message 50: by Katy (new)

Katy Evans | 48 comments Bianca wrote: "Hey Katy, I love your work! I always wondered about this, does the titles come first or the book? lol.
love from Brazil <3"

Hi Bianca! Thank you so much and love to you and Brazil!! In the case of Real, the title came pretty soon into writing the book. Same for Manwhore. While other times, I write the story first and write knowing that I'll discover the title as I go. :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.